X-plane 10 B3 With Skymaxx 1.3

Friends, my version Skymaxx 10:25 was working perfectly but when I upgraded to X-plane 10:30 B3/B2/B1 the program was apparently normal but no more cloud appeared in the sky, what is happening can? Have reinstalled several times and still could not make it work. I need help: (

Sorry my english: x

Hi Douglas,

I do run skymaxxpro + 10.30b3 having no compatibility problems at all. But, i do have clear skies (as many other people) quite often. Xplane 10.30 has a new metar weather report parsing algorithm which is still being tweaked so far leading into clear skies sometimes

So, do you have clear skies due to skymapxx+10.30b3 issue? or do you have clear skies due to metar parsing issue leading into clear skies?

Please:

1. Open localmap, clic over your airport code, a window will popup top-right having your airport frequencies and weather conditions. Do a screen capture and attach here.

2. Also, please attach the metar.rwx file at your xplane root directory

I will check it out for you to understand what may be wrong.

Edited by mmerelles

As per your metar file SBCT airport is under a severe rain storm +RA, it also has broken clouds at FL010 and OVERCAST ceiling at FL025.

But xplane is misinterpreting the metar report and says the area has clear skies. You can confirm this on your first picture (grab real time weather), it was updated one minute ago and skies are clear after reading the metar! So, it is not a skymaxx problem, if xplane says clear skies there is no clouds to paint for skymaxx

I suggest you to submit a bug report to laminar for they to take a look at it, as i said before 10.30 has a new metar parsing algorithm which is being tweaked

You must attach your metar.rwx file and include your airport icao code on the problem description. So they can match what the metar file says for your airport.

http://dev.x-plane.com/support/bugreport.html

Edited by mmerelles

SkyMaxx only listens to what X-Plane tells it about the weather conditions at the plane's current location; there is no way it could affect X-Plane's metar parsing. It may just be coincidence that X-Plane got it right after you uninstalled, unless it is some truly bizarre bug in 10.30b3 that is triggered by just asking for the weather conditions via datarefs.

Either way filing a bug report with Laminar is definitely the best course of action.

For what it's worth, I ran some tests this morning with 10.30b3 + SkyMaxx Pro + Real Weather here in Orlando and it seemed to be functioning normally.

Edited by sundog

SkyMaxx only listens to what X-Plane tells it about the weather conditions at the plane's current location; there is no way it could affect X-Plane's metar parsing. It may just be coincidence that X-Plane got it right after you uninstalled, unless it is some truly bizarre bug in 10.30b3 that is triggered by just asking for the weather conditions via datarefs.

Either way filing a bug report with Laminar is definitely the best course of action.

For what it's worth, I ran some tests this morning with 10.30b3 + SkyMaxx Pro + Real Weather here in Orlando and it seemed to be functioning normally.

yes, you are right.

I do flight at USA and haven't seen any problem so far, while trying a flight i.e. at southamerica is almost guaranteed there´s gonna be a parsing issue if you try an airport which is experiencing bad weather.

I been following this issue for a while, problem increases when flying outside USA. The new algorithm seems not to like those reports

Best course of action, submit a bug report

Friends do not understand any more, I went back to version checks that 10:25 would work normally, behold, I am surprised! 

I installed it and did not work! See the pictures 

I no longer know what can happen, it happened after I updated to B2/B3 10:30 to 10:25 but came back and still nothing working, what do recommend?

My best guess is that your SkyMaxx Pro installation can't validate your license for some reason. It will refuse to draw clouds in that case - and that could happen due to a missing Gizmo plugin, a Gizmo plugin that's too old, or several other things. Did you re-install SkyMaxx Pro using the installer provided by X-Aviation? SkyMaxx Pro consists of both the SilverLining and Gizmo plugins. If you've been manually moving these around during your experiments, that might explain the trouble.

There may be some useful information in your log.txt. If it does seem like a license issue, you'll need to contact orders@x-aviation.com to work it out.

Hey buddy you discovered my problem hahahahaha, "Skymaxx Pro license check failed. Clouds will be disabled." But why did this happen? Just updated my X-plane and happened all these problems, what really should I do? 

I sent an email yesterday to "Support@SkyMAXX-Extreme.com" but you went another that is "orders@x-aviation.com" what I really have?

Have you been using the official installer or are you dragging plugin folders around?

Post your Log.txt file. (Use the attachments feature by pressing the "More Reply Options" button when creating a response...)

If you can't figure out how to attach the file just copy and paste the contents into a reply in this thread. Attachments are preferred but anything is better than nothing.

Use the direct official installer site recently downloaded again from site to see if it was a problem with my installer itself, but by the way not right hehehehehe .... the problem is the same license not working. I emailed both now and orders@x-aviation.com / Support@SkyMAXX-Extreme.com, now do not understand why this happened only with an upgrade of the simulator? Well, I hope to answer them by email! I appreciate the help of everyone here, I see I can count on you even with my horrible english hahaha! When they answer me post the message to you.

• 3 weeks later...