Next Project...care to guess?

czoog

Worked a bit more on the Main Terminal Building.  The roof is going to need some optimization...the mesh is way too heavy.... but I did get the roof edge simplified enough to the point where i am happy.

The best part about this building is that it is a mirror image of itself!  I only have model half and then flip it.

Du8mg6m.png

uXRfM9M.png

DaTzPjC.png

Edited by czoog
  • Upvote 9

• 3 weeks later...

Sadly i could never load your last airport (KPVD), XP crash everytime (Assertion Failed error).

Seeing these in progress screen shots and the quality of your last airport, I can only hope to have better luck this time. :)

Man that is a bummer, I really tried everything i could think of to debug it.  I will definitely look at it further!  In the meantime I have since joined ABSim as a developer and this is now an official AeroBridge Project.  With our combined experience in making scenery, I am hopeful we will not have a repeat of the crashes with KPVD.

Just an update to let you all know that works continues on this and our other projects (VHHH, KJAC).

I've done most of the modeling of the concourses, including some interior work.  With these huge expanses of glass so prevalent in today's modern airport design, looking over the glare shield into an empty box kinda would take away from the immersion factor. ;)  Still very early WIP (with temporary textures):

Exterior:

aifUHUu.png

Tug Underpass (too low for trucks):

fYchjyu.png

The apron lighting "tilts" with the building:

5a1PpMH.png

Holdrooms:

OYm82CR.png

Get some shopping in while you wait:

wx5F8RC.png

Legs tired?  take the moving walkway!

bzEcVWS.png

Edited by czoog
  • Upvote 7

• 3 weeks later...

Chris,

As a local to PVD, let me thank you for the work you put in on that scenery. It sure stomps on my "lego brick" version! Out of curiousity, what modeling tool are you using to create these? Not that I have the time to actually get into such custom projects, but I'm interested to know on the off chance I want to dabble.

Thanks,

-Greg

Chris,

As a local to PVD, let me thank you for the work you put in on that scenery. It sure stomps on my "lego brick" version! Out of curiousity, what modeling tool are you using to create these? Not that I have the time to actually get into such custom projects, but I'm interested to know on the off chance I want to dabble.

Thanks,

-Greg

Hi Greg,

Glad you liked KPVD and thank for the kind words.  So you made the default global airport??  Thanks for that, it was well done, and was great staring point!

As far as modeling tools go, I use sketchup and of course marginal's excellent sketchup2xplane plugin. For really complex curvy stuff, I may use rhino, or 3dsMax or even autocad, but it all winds up back into sketchup for texturing and export.  For about 98% of what i need model, i can do in sketch-up.  It's very intuitive and great place to start dabbling.

I tried using blender, but i really struggle with the interface  :huh:

I'm still plugging away on KIND among other things.

_Chris

So you made the default global airport?? Thanks for that, it was well done, and was great staring point!

Yessir. Thank you!

As far as modeling tools go, I use sketchup and of course marginal's excellent sketchup2xplane plugin.

Ok - I thought the screenshots looked like SketchUp. Thanks!

Keep up the good work,

-Greg

• 2 weeks later...

Santiago Butnaru's KFLL indeed looks nice, as the "2nd generation" of sceneries by Butnaru. But we always aim higher, what you see isn't what you're going to get in the final product, these are previews which will soon become obsolete as progress has been made.

If you seen our VHHH, we are aiming at that level of detail.

• 4 weeks later...

Started on the Crash Trucks, these will be animated via the GroundTraffic Plugin, hopefully with working snozzles! :P . My goal is to have them do a training run once a week, and have them line up along the runway if you approach with an engine out/on fire.  I have a version with the lights flashing as well, but I am still suffering with a bug with those lights (PD_lightbar) if I have HDR on and Skymax running, they look awful.

Apparatus: 991 "The Beast Master", 2007 Oshkosh Striker 3000 (will also be doing, 990, 999, 992 and 993 seen here)

oTn4oS6.jpg

SZN3zHY.jpg

Qeodu7D.jpg

VUCoEIP.jpg

• Upvote 4

I have been watching this topic for a while and it keeps getting better and better! This looks amazing! Is it going to be freeware or payware?

Thanks for the encouragement!

As far as freeware or payware, we are still discussing this internally, both ways have their pluses and minuses, but rest assured, whatever we decide, it will be payware quality (if not beyond) for sure!