FlyJSim 737-200 TwinJet now out!

Tom Knudsen

Wooow.... 

i think you guys all got my point in a whole different direction... 

First of all, Westjet is not flying the 737 anymore!!! And i said he didn't take any suggestions of the Canadian members in the community. 

My posts were not meant in any critical way against the developers. I just wrote my first thoughts. And i didn't say that i will not buy the aircraft. And i have no problem with buying extra liveries like for the 757 and the 727. 

So if you all could maybe calm down and stop hating on someones opinion that would be greatly appreciated. 

Its kinda funny because WestJet still flys 737. Not sure where you got that info from. The 2nd person (Joe) at FlyJsim is a dispatcher at WestJest.

"Our fleet

WestJet operates a modern fleet comprised of jet and turboprop aircraft. WestJet's fleet includes the Boeing Next-Generation 737-600, 737-700 and 737-800 as well as the Bombardier Q400 NextGen turboprop.

Both the 737-700 and 737-800 series aircraft are equipped with blended winglets. Blended Winglet Technology by Aviation Partners Boeing improves the aerodynamic performance and handling characteristics of the 737 while boosting range and reducing fuel burn by up to four per cent.

Both the 737-600 and 737-700 series have a lavatory at the front of the aircraft as well as one at the back; galleys are also located at the front and at the back. The 737-800 series has a single lavatory at the front, two at the back and galleys at both the front and back of the aircraft.

The first three rows of our 737 aircraft have additional legroom (36-inch seat pitch). These seats are available for selection when booking a Plus fare. Guests booking Econo and Flex fares may reserve these seats for a fee, during the 24-hour check-in window. "

But I do find if funny that you give your first thoughts on a plane you do not own yet. Your statements (opinions) / problems are it's $47 and the liveries (No canadian Liveries). I addressed both in a reasonable manner.

Atomic, I think he was talking about WestJet doesn't have a 732 in their fleet anymore. 

Not many airlines (mostly 3rd world or small countries state run airlines) are still flying 737-200. The liveries are of the classic airlines that use to fly them. But read what he said again. "WestJet does not fly the 737 anymore."  Not a true statement.

Not many airlines (mostly 3rd world or small countries state run airlines) are still flying 737-200. The liveries are of the classic airlines that use to fly them. But read what he said again. "WestJet does not fly the 737 anymore."  Not a true statement.

There are a few Canadian airlines still operating the 732. Like Air Inuit, Canadian North, First Air, etc. 

And true reading that comment literally is untrue, but I still believe he meant the 732. 

Its kinda funny because WestJet still flys 737. Not sure where you got that info from. The 2nd person (Joe) at FlyJsim is a dispatcher at WestJest.

I have never seen a Westjet 737-200 still in service... ;)

I am well aware that Westjet operates 737's because i see them everyday out of my window, but my point was on the 732's and not on any other models. 

I normally fly the x737 and I haven't had good experiences with payware planes in the past but I gave this one a try and ...

It's FUN!!! It's noisy, it rattles on take off and it reminds me of the little rocket the 737-200 was when I used to travel in one. There are already lots of liveries available and more appearing every day so if they don't have yours they soon will. $47 is a good price compared to most other payware planes.

• Upvote 1

That is very odd. The 732 should perform very well on that system. 

As it turns out I'm an idiot. I've been using X-Plane in windowed mode. Flipping it to full screen gives me MUCH better framerate. Instead of 15-20 with the 732, I'm closer to 50 now!

Shared cockpit configuration file currently under development. Two known issues to resolve, one will likely be fixed today, the other, not sure. Here's a video of SNA to SFO (CHANL1.RZS J501 BSR.BSR2) with a 2-crew configuration:

Edited by Keith Smith
  • Upvote 1

Windows 8. Fairly new machine too. i7 4770 3.4ghz // 16 gb Ram // NVIDIA GTX 770 4 gb

That is a pretty hefty spec. Can you say what actual numbers you are seeing? I'd think an i7 & fat GPU with that much resource on tap should be running much better. 

I'd think an i7 & fat GPU with that much resource on tap should be running much better. 

In the end it does. I neglected to put X-Plane into full-screen mode, not sure why it took me so long to figure out.  I'm now getting between 35-50 depending on scenery.

As it turns out I'm an idiot. I've been using X-Plane in windowed mode. Flipping it to full screen gives me MUCH better framerate. Instead of 15-20 with the 732, I'm closer to 50 now!

Hi Hobofat, which resolution are you using in full screen mode?

It would be interesting to know even the resolution in windowed mode, in order to make a comparison.