10.30b1 Do You Like It?

HarryCYUL

It's really nice so far, I couldn't test the new gps, we need to wait for aircraft updates. New cloud system is far superior finally no white out but perhaps less fps with these new clouds, surely need more tweaking in the coming betas, nice ground textures. I liked the less tall buildings in many areas of the world many cities were unrealistic because of this. I personally still waiting for my number one fix, the distant visibility issue. We are getting there.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

You can install the new GPS on most of your old aircraft.  Just open Planemaker and load your aircraft.  Under the standard tab, choose systems and (in the bottom left section) choose to use the new GPS for both pilot and copilot if your aircraft has both.  Close that window and again under standard, choose 3D Panel and it will open a page onto which are placed all the devices used on the panel of that aircraft.  Select the copilot's GPS device by left clicking on it.  At the very bottom of that page is a bar with several things on it, but you only need to look at the last entry "copilot".  Click in the box to select it, go to the top of the page and click on the save icon, hit the back arrow in the left of the extreme top of that page, go to file and click save.  The new GPS is great, even though I haven't been through all of it yet, because you can click on the GPS on the panel of the aircraft you are flying and a 2D GPS screen will pop-up and you can change airport data, etc. with the roll of your mouse wheel or with clicks.  When finished with your entries, click on the GPS on the 3D panel and the 2D will go away and the new information will be programmed in your panel.

John

Edited by OT2

Anyone know if SkyMaxxPro is compatible with 10.30b1?  Do I have to uninstall SMP before upgrading to 10.30b1, or can I just leave all my plugins alone and hope for the best?  A little nervous to make the switch.

I did an uninstall of SMP just to check out the new cloud system and my PC bogged down as with the original XP clouds. So, I reinstalled SMP and all is great again in the friendly skies...   :)

Pivot

Couldn't resist the temptation and upgraded to 10.30b1 last night.  So far I'm liking it and have a pretty significant increase in fps.  In the screen shots below you'll notice that I'm getting 60 fps with the Carenado F33, which normally isn't easy on frame rate.  Also, check out my rendering options.  Texture size is 1472 meg and my VRAM card only has 512 meg on this 2009 iMac.  This is a little confusing to me, but the fps is great and I'm on Extreme Resolution!  VATSIM conditions were CLR skies and I am at 10,500'.  Also, I'm using Real Scenery's Washington State for photo scenery.

post-7862-0-51185500-1401209098_thumb.pn

post-7862-0-61998700-1401209120_thumb.jp

Couldn't resist the temptation and upgraded to 10.30b1 last night.  So far I'm liking it and have a pretty significant increase in fps.  In the screen shots below you'll notice that I'm getting 60 fps with the Carenado F33, which normally isn't easy on frame rate.  Also, check out my rendering options.  Texture size is 1472 meg and my VRAM card only has 512 meg on this 2009 iMac.  This is a little confusing to me, but the fps is great and I'm on Extreme Resolution!  VATSIM conditions were CLR skies and I am at 10,500'.  Also, I'm using Real Scenery's Washington State for photo scenery.

You don't have much rendering objects . why ?

You don't have much rendering objects . why ?

I'm happy with the "default" option where I get all the custom airport objects.  Don't really care too much for the faux city scapes and fly with as much photo scenery as I can, i.e. simheaven.  Much more realistic and way less taxing on my computer as you can see from my screen shot.

I'm happy with the "default" option where I get all the custom airport objects.  Don't really care too much for the faux city scapes and fly with as much photo scenery as I can, i.e. simheaven.  Much more realistic and way less taxing on my computer as you can see from my screen shot.

Yes if you are using W2XP generated data it may taxout the system. As I use W2XP with all maxed and the max fps I have in Europe varies between 15 to 30 but still cool to fly.

And BTW the data generated with W2XP ain't Faux as it is the real world data put into place unlike FSX autogen . e.g. you will see the Reich-stag in Berlin exactly it should be , hey I saw it :) in XPX 

Why not go Bush flying , would be awesome in alaska / canada. Try the Twin Otter from .org freaking cool aircraft.

If Alpilotx can also get HD mesh for Africa even that would be great flying over jungles.

Edited by Ironmaiden

I highly recommend a brand new install for the beta.  Start with just your favorite aircraft and no plugins.  Good opportunity to reevaluate all your addons.  So far found the new ground textures to be really good and I now prefer them over current 3rd party replacements.  The color transition to the high rez orbit textures is much improved which should allow for more "haze" effects to be applied without causing color artifacts.  (I could swear there is more visible haze now).   The cloud textures are nice although I really need to see more in varied conditions.   Oh yes, and no stutters when clouds are redrawn.

Edited by slai