iGoDispatch for Saab-340A

iGoApp

• 2 months later...

The application will be updated to version 2.4 within the next couple of days. Changes include:

• Improved flight performance report; and
  • Added Brazilian Portuguese to inflight announcements.

Note that the new version requires an update to the iGoConnect plugin (v. 2.10.15) to be fully operational. You may download it here:

Please let me know if you have noticed any bugs.

Cheers.

10.jpg

11.jpg

13.png

Edited by iGoApp

• 7 months later...

The iGoConnect plugin has just been updated to version 2.20.17. The update addresses the following issues:
- Fixed a bug when X-Plane crashed under certain conditions during the flight;
- Fixed a bug when errors in the Plane Configuration file could cause a crash;
- Fixed a bug when some Navigraph data could not be obtained in Linux;
- Improved compatibility with X-Plane 11. Removed downloading winds aloft for US (winds.rwx) as this is no longer supported by Laminar. Global winds aloft data is to be downloaded from the iGoDispatch application;
- Added compatibility with the newer version of iGoDispatch for Saab (to be released later this year).

The update is available here: 

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

iGoDispatch for LES Saab-340 has been just updated. This is a major update that required re-writing of the entire application code. The main revisions include:
- Ability to create a flight plan using SIDs and STARs procedures;
- Ability to download the real winds aloft from the NOAA servers, and thus making flight planning compatible with the major X-Plane weather add-ons;
- Adjustment of the plane weight based on the latest version of Saab;
- UI revision;
- Adding compatibility with iOS11.
- Other enhancements.

For those who have not used iGoDispatch for CRJ-200 and Boeing-733 and are not familiar with the new interface, you may find the manuals here:
iPad: http://igoapp.ca/resources/files/igodispatch_saab340_manual_pad_v3.0.1.pdf
iPhone: http://igoapp.ca/resources/files/igodispatch_saab340_manual_phone_v3.0.1.pdf

Enjoy!

• 5 months later...

iGoDispatch will be updated in the next 24 hours. The application is now compatible with the latest version of iOS and iGoConnect plugin, which had to be modified to work with the upcoming desktop application for IXEG's Boeing-733 and address some TCP connection issues.

Do not forget to download and install the updated iGoConnect plugin once you upgrade! 

Edited by iGoApp

• 1 month later...

Hello. Cool App. Nice work. Worth the few bucks just for the loading aspects of the CoG. I had no problem connecting to the SIm to load the AC. I first loaded XP with the plane loaded on the ramp.  I then opened the app and loaded the PAX and fuel. Then I clicked on "Load to X-Plane". Then confirmed the AC was now correct with the value's within your App. Everything matched, the weight, fuel and CoG. I updated the NAV data ( Navigraph GNS430 ) to the latest navdata. And set the IP under the settings section of the app. 

So I had problems with the APP following the flight. I selected the the slider on the ACARS section to "ON" But when I was inputting the flight plan the APP did nor recognize the Airport I was currently at. IE. Lake Tahoe. ( KTVL ) I wanted to fly from KTVL to KSMF. Sacramento..  Flight plan: Richy6 SWR SLMMR SLMMR3.  Since it did not fine the airport I next tried KRNO. RENO. The app did not recognize that airport either. SO I just entered in other airports.... KSFO and KSMF. It found SFO. Which is a major airport... San Francisco. So I conducted the flight with no updates. I guess this was due to an improper starting location. So it did not match my actual location on Xplane, ie KTVL. So my questions are. 

* why does the app not recognize all airports which are in the system. IE. KTVL and KRNO

* How can I reset the flight plan back to blank..To start over. Right now, it shows the last flight plan which I can't get rid off. No delete button or anything. 

Thanks. 

Dave. 

Hi, Dave. First of all, thanks a lot for having purchased the app. I do hope you will enjoy it. I am away from my computer until Sunday so I cannot check your error. I will get to it once I get home.

To reset the flight plan to a new one, click on the button with a few lines and red crosses. The plan will be reset.

Cheers!

Igor

One thing occurred to me, Dave. Enter the full flight plan first, then load the plane, then try to track the flight on the ACARS panel. When you switch the ACARS slider to the ON position , the connection is established between the device and your computer. Trying to start a new connection (by getting the airport information) will fail because your port is already in use.

I seen on earlier posts where you don't mind taking suggestions to make the app even better.  How about the ability to import flight plans into the App from an output .FMS file.

Like maybe add a folder within the plugin to house various full route flight plans. Then you could gerenate a FP through Simbrief and export the fms file right into your plugin.  Then within the App you'd have several FP's in which to choose from. Then it would auto populate the Airports, waypoints and airways.

Then the only thing you may have to do by hand would be add the runways your going to use. 

Last question on which page do you download the winds?

Thanks,

Dave

Edited by Chase911

Thanks for your suggestion, Dave. I will look into that. You can download the winds by tapping on the button with a cloud and then going to Download Winds.

I also encourage you to have a look at the manual, if you have not done it already:

http://igoapp.ca/resources/Files/igodispatch_saab340_manual_pad_v3.0.1.pdf

The culprit for not finding KTVL could be due to an issue with navdata. The manual explains the proper way to update it. 

Cheers,

Igor

• Like 1

3 hours ago, iGoApp said:

Dave. Let me know if you have solved your problem. I have just checked it on my iPad with the updated navdata and both KTVL and KSMF are found instantly.

Regards,

Igor

Yes . That was just me not knowing how to properly enter in the info.  once you type in the ICAO you have to tap the little blue circle to the right of the ICAO box. So simple of a mistake. But i do use your app alot and found i think an issue with the performance report.

It says my entire flight is with flaps over speed. I never use my flaps until landing. 2nd. ( Maybe I should cycle flaps at the beginning... ) 

it states the Runway lights are not ON upon taking off and landing.  They are.  and the seat belt sign off at landing. That isn't right. So i think those switches might be backwards.  xp doing updates can mess up plugins. I wasn't going to say anything because i don't really mind that it's messed up. I mainly wanted it for the loading. Which works flawlessly.  My landings are so much better now that it's balanced.  and i like staying connected to keep the CoG right as i burn fuel.

If there is a log somewhere you need to check the lights and seat belt signs let me know. 

Thanks.

Dave. 

Edited by Chase911

6 hours ago, Chase911 said:

If there is a log somewhere you need to check the lights and seat belt signs let me know. 

There are a couple of issues with the Flight Performance function that I need to deal with. Added to the things to do. Thanks!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I seem to be having an issue entering a flight plan too. I have navigraph navdata installed, as well as the plugin. If the airplane is loaded I get an Airport not found error. If I restart x-plane and leave it on the initial menu the app. just shows a spinning wheel in the middle of the screen indefinitely. I also get the same spinning deal if the plane is loaded, but x-plane is on the aircraft menu.

davidd. Please provide more information: what exactly Navigraph dataset you use and how you installed it. Also, PM me your Log.txt file. Yes, you need to have a loaded plane for the TCP connection between your application and the plugin to be running (seems like X-Plane puts the plugin on hold when a menu is displayed).

Cheers.

• 4 months later...

Please note that NOAA has migrated all its traffic to HTTPS. Because of that, the application cannot download the NOAA winds aloft data at the moment. I am aware of the situation and will fix it as soon as possible. Please bear with me and use the X-Plane winds aloft for now.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...