File Name: Real Terra Haze

File Submitter: SPAS

File Submitted: 05 May 2014

File Category: Plugins and Utilities

Current version is 2.11

This is an add-on script for FlyWithLua based on the findings of user PASCAL_LSGC over at AVSIM about the raleigh scattering controls.

It implements these controls so they are automatically tuned based on the sun elevation (the light veers towards reddish tones when the sun is low on the horizon) and plane altittude (gains go up as you go up).

Requires FlyWithLua!!!

Get it here

please take time to read this from Ben Supnik

The art controls are not a public interface to make X-Plane add-ons. They are an internal development tool. They are unsupported, undocumented, unsafe, and most importantly subject to change with every patch of X-Plane. If you create an add-on that requires reading or writing the art controls, you can expect that your add-on will stop working when X-Plane is updated. When your add-on breaks, please do not complain or file a bug.

Just slap the scripts in your ../resources/plugins/FlyWithLua/scripts folder.

Please read the readme.

If you have installed Sky Maxx Pro, the shadows of the clouds will not be displayed.

Script by SPAS (leave him a PM on the forum if you want)

Thanks to MAT18590 for all the support and inspiration (and for setting the RGB and raleigh values straight)

content kindly provided by x-pilot users Tom Knudsen and slai have been used in the scripts.

Hope you enjoy it.

see a couple of videos from the user Emer1976

and

PS the scripts are free and free to redistribute or modify. If you do modify them for the better it would be nice to get that feedback.

Click here to download this file

• Upvote 1

The RTH along with other scripts that rely on Fly With Lua go inside of the "Scripts" folder of the FlyWithLua folder in plugins.  If you installed the program properly you should have a directory tree similar to this:

«place where you store the sim»/X-Plane 10/Resources/plugins/FlyWithLua/Scripts/

Edited by puffy

Just an update on installation. That RTH.prefs.txt file would fit into the root X-plane folder indeed. My problem came from FlywithLUA bad installation.

Anyway, I have a strange flashing colored message saying "read the manual, if you want this message to disappear...". I haven opened all pdf files from FlywithLUA the plug-in folder

and RTH but could not find a clue :(

When i try to open the RTH Tab, this message appears:

18221750pi.jpg

Edit: I use Win7 64bit

Looks like you have problems with the file RTH_prefs.txt. 

Does this happen when you try to load the preferences or just when you open X-Plane / run the RTH scripts? If so try to get the "mac/linux" version (it's on the .org) an run that, it WILL run on win7, it just creates the RTH_prefs.txt in X-Plane's root folder instead of in the scripts folder. 

However I would check for the existence of the RTH_prefs.txt file in your "scripts" folder first.

• 2 years later...

So I did new install of XPlane 10 and redownloaded RTH and Fly with lua, well it seems like things have changed. How do I get the previous version where I would adjust the exposure of the lighting on the street lights.

13669312_10210081622225448_2388496309630488025_o.jpg

Now I dont have all these options, am I doing something wrong?

Capture.PNG

•  
Edited by cobrajmr