SkyMaxx Pro Version 1.3.3 Update Released!

Cameron

Hello, all,

This will serve as a formal forum announcement that we have released the version 1.3.3 update for SkyMaxx Pro. All customers who have purchased SkyMaxx Pro up till now have been sent an e-mail by X-Aviation with complete instructions on how to obtain your update. We have made this a very simple process! For those that purchase SkyMaxx Pro from today forward, your purchased download will already be updated to version 1.3.3 for you.

What if I didn't get the update e-mail?

If you did not receive your update e-mail don't fret! X-Aviation has updated our system to allow all customers to update with ease, regardless of whether you received an e-mail for the update! Here's what to do:

1. Login to your X-Aviation account here: https://www.x-aviati...talog/login.php

2. View your past order history invoice that contains SkyMaxx Pro purchase on it.

3. At the bottom of the invoice you will find a blue highlighted link to your update that says: "SkyMaxx Pro".

There are some important fixes and requests implemented in this update.

The following is a list of additions/fixes included:

What's New / Changed:

• New cloud textures to give better appearance in flight
  • Shader enhancements implemented
  • Be aware that the sim will show this as 1.3.2, but it is really 1.3.3!

As always, thanks for being a customer with X-Aviation. We appreciate your feedback and support!

Enjoy these latest updates, and stay tuned to the forum as we continually announce the latest happenings.

• Upvote 1

Tested it and confirm a huge improvement. The sun blending light is a cool feature that needs to be evaluated over time, wish this would be optional in next update. But for now excellent John, nice work on the clouds too which provide an slight performance increase..

My main concern with skymaxx are the poor dusk/dawn transitions (cloud coloring). Clouds switch from bright white to dark grey within a few minutes, sometimes just seconds.
Default clouds do a better job on this, esp. with some tweaks.

That apart skymaxx clouds look and perform great, and cloud shadows are nice but not essential to me.

Cheers

Flo

Edited by FloB

Greetings.

Although SMP it's a great piece of software, that in fact I love not just for the FR improvement over default's clouds, but also for its great enhancement of clouds' shapes and colours... at release 1.3.3 I am continuing in getting errors over a couple of very important aspects. Although they're primarily aesthetic or cosmetic issues, I still would love to see them hopefully solved.

I am getting coloured prop_discs (that is, those imaginary disc that we see when props are spinning at so very high speed that human eye perceive only a disc, in fact), so that they appear blue-ish, most of the times, and they sometimes start to get darker and brighter in synch with aircraft strobes in some conditions. Furthermore sometimes prop_discs tend to disappear when saw OVER clouds layers.

Both problems occur either with X-Plane default's prop_discs, either with custom prop_discs handled by plugins (mainly SASL, but I've seen others — Gizmo? — suffering as well).

I guess the problem of brightness change in synch with strobes could be somehow related to strobe lights IN SCENERIES, that tend to show a sort of black gigantic spill when they go out (when they are turned off for that brief moment; please excuse my horrible english).

These are the two main problems (apart from clouds' shadows that still do not appear on the ground) I am getting with this wonderful plugin system, and I'd really, really hope that one day will be solved.

Because once solved, I think this plugin would be absolute perfection!!

Thank you.

Cheers!

Greetings.

Although SMP it's a great piece of software, that in fact I love not just for the FR improvement over default's clouds, but also for its great enhancement of clouds' shapes and colours... at release 1.3.3 I am continuing in getting errors over a couple of very important aspects. Although they're primarily aesthetic or cosmetic issues, I still would love to see them hopefully solved.

I am getting coloured prop_discs (that is, those imaginary disc that we see when props are spinning at so very high speed that human eye perceive only a disc, in fact), so that they appear blue-ish, most of the times, and they sometimes start to get darker and brighter in synch with aircraft strobes in some conditions. Furthermore sometimes prop_discs tend to disappear when saw OVER clouds layers.

Both problems occur either with X-Plane default's prop_discs, either with custom prop_discs handled by plugins (mainly SASL, but I've seen others — Gizmo? — suffering as well).

I guess the problem of brightness change in synch with strobes could be somehow related to strobe lights IN SCENERIES, that tend to show a sort of black gigantic spill when they go out (when they are turned off for that brief moment; please excuse my horrible english).

These are the two main problems (apart from clouds' shadows that still do not appear on the ground) I am getting with this wonderful plugin system, and I'd really, really hope that one day will be solved.

Because once solved, I think this plugin would be absolute perfection!!

Thank you.

Cheers!

Pretty much everything you have wished for here is on Laminar and not us at this time.

• 3 weeks later...

My main concern with skymaxx are the poor dusk/dawn transitions (cloud coloring). Clouds switch from bright white to dark grey within a few minutes, sometimes just seconds.

Default clouds do a better job on this, esp. with some tweaks.

That apart skymaxx clouds look and perform great, and cloud shadows are nice but not essential to me.

Cheers

Flo

Totally agree with FloB.

The product is very great, the Clouds are really fine, but for me 2 problems exists :

- The clouds don't change colors with the Sky dusk/dawn.

- When I have Overcast, there is no Clouds, only the sky is dark, but when I pass the clouds, I can see perfectly the ground...

Ludo

Totally agree with FloB.

The product is very great, the Clouds are really fine, but for me 2 problems exists :

- The clouds don't change colors with the Sky dusk/dawn.

- When I have Overcast, there is no Clouds, only the sky is dark, but when I pass the clouds, I can see perfectly the ground...

Ludo

+1

But my main complaint is the clouds poping on and off around you. I wish they could find a way to have them pop on in the distant horizon !

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you Cameron for your answer.

I also wanted to congrat you, because you made a great product. We don't have enough great editor and Payware in X-Plane and I'm really happy that we have one other thanks to  you.

For me Skymaxx is under REX on FSX/P3D, but it's the first time we have really great improvment on X-Plane, so I think X-Plane community have to support you.

With less staff, less experience and less money than REX, you made a product not so fare from their product.

So I'm sure that if you continue developping this product and being helped and supported by X-Plane community, we'll have in some month or maybe years a product as well as REX.

X-Plane community is growing, their are not only passionnate but also searching for great products, that's why some FSX/P3D editors are going on X-Plane.

Thank you for your work. Hope Laminar will also support you and new editors.

I'll tell you what type of improvement I would like to see on your product.

Kind regards

Ludovic