Alibre Design

Ben Russell

I've been using Alibre Design for a while now and am very impressed, so I thought some of you would be interested in checking it out for yourself.

Alibre Design is an incredibly easy-to-use and learn 3D CAD system for mechanical design, comparable to products like SolidWorks, Pro/ENGINEER or Inventor, but costs thousands less. The software has integrated tutorials and live support, so it's easy to be productive quickly.

They've recently re-launched their personal edition, you can get a ridiculously powerful app for only $99 USD.

Here's the feature list for the Personal Edition, the more expensive versions just get better. For ~$1500 you can do FEA stress tests!

http://www.alibre.com/products/hobby/

Here's their referal program link which can get me some free maintenance/support if some of you end up purchasing a copy...

http://www.alibre.com/register/referral.aspx?refcode=MGQSXB

• 6 months later...

Count me in....though I saw no option for specifying referrals.  If you give me some pertinent info, I'll let them know you referred me ;-).   Anyhow...I had to generate a hardware key, hit the web site, do some other stuff....definitely this DRM is indeed more steps than x-aviations

Count me in....though I saw no option for specifying referrals.  If you give me some pertinent info, I'll let them know you referred me ;-).

The referral is uniquely stored within the link Ben provided. Nothing more for you to do but click Ben's referral link rather than just going the normal route through their website. :)