Falco Checklist for Checklister Plugin

Zach Decou

Here is the checklist I have been working on. It is currently in beta form. I would like for everyone to try it if possible and tell me what you think- Tom especially!

LA had some good insight to real world operations in a previous response to a thread I opened regarding this checklist. If I could implore  him to try it and tell me what he thinks...

Some things you might note:

There are a few items in my checklist that don't appear in either Tom's checklist or the real falco's checklist. These are items I invariably forget every time. And since the point of a checklist is to help the pilot NOT forget stuff, they got added.

Off the top of my head, these items are:

• Pitot tube heat on/off when applicable
  • Navigation Lights on before engine start*
  • Transponder mode when applicable
  • Flight instruments check during taxi
  • probably a few others I have forgotten about  ;)

*Since this aircraft has no beacon lights, I turn on the navigation lights for safety. If this is not a real world consideration, please advise. I will gladly remove the item.

Drop the text file named "clist" into the Falco's root folder (it's the same one the .acf file lives in for those unfamiliar). Make sure you have the checklister plugin installed in your plugins folder (x-plane/resources/plugins). Get the plugin here:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=3167%3Cbr%20/%3E

Thanks for your time.

Zach

clist.txt

Here is the checklist I have been working on. It is currently in beta form. I would like for everyone to try it if possible and tell me what you think- Tom especially!

LA had some good insight to real world operations in a previous response to a thread I opened regarding this checklist. If I could implore  him to try it and tell me what he thinks...

I'll check it out Thurs.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for doing this Zach.  I still haven't gone over it yet!  :-[  I'm trying to meet a deadline today and hopefully I can check it out leisurely soon.  You know a lot more about it that I do though; however, this is the kind of thing I'd like to put on my web site and I guess it'd help if I actually tried it!