Colimata's mig-29

Vinny003

Hi, guys!

As I'm temporarily under moderator's supervision or queue until June 16th of 2014 for posting the forums at x-plane.org's forums for false reporting about the .org store. But I wanted to know if any of you know anything about the colimata's mig-29. Yesterday, I bought the colimata's mig-29. I give it a test flight, I noticed something strange about it's flight model like I got the mig-29 up to the altitude of around 75,500-76,000 feet and the speed up to around 2.9 Mach, but the real mig-29's top speed is 2.3 Mach and it's service ceiling is 56,000 feet. Thanks!

Cheers,

Vincent

X-Plane isn't very good at fighter jets, especially modern ones that use every dirty trick in the book to get max performance.

Service ceiling isn't a hard limit on maximum altitude, it's the maximum recommended. You can zoom climb past it and put yourself into dangerous corners of the flight performance in the real or the simulated aircraft.

http://www.flymigsokol.com/flights/space_program

Flights in Russian MiG-29 military jets up into the stratosphere according to the Edge of Spaceprogram to an altitude of 65,000 feet (21-22 km) are officially organized and have been carried out by our Sokol air base for a long time for both Russians and international visitors alike.

Hi, Ben Russell!

When will x-plane be good at fighter jets such as the mig-29? I don't know how good setting the flight model in settings>operations and warnings to number 2 or 3 will do. I'm using x-plane 10.25. I hope x-plane 10.30 will be better at fighter jets. Thanks!

Cheers,

Vincent

X-Plane probably never will be " good at fighter jets " , there is just nothing useful for devs to work on it ... Even if you could simulate a MiG 29 perfectly, what is the point of flying it around ? It's design to fight, to kill ennemy fighters.

And the MiG isn't a modern jet fighter, Rafale, F-22&F-35 are for instance ..

Try DCS World if you love fighters and harcore simming ! We should see this year a MiG 21 and a F/A 18 coming out ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Also to the OP, you can turn on acft atmosphere, it will show leading edge temperature, which gets quite high when you go over m2.5 higher than would be allowed by the materials, so that is also likely the real speed limit to the mig(also engine stress and temp).  So x-plane may not be that far off when it comes to the raw performance, just a thought :)  I personally love the Colimata Mig29, especially since DCS hasnt released the AFM for the Mig-29 yet....its as close as we got