U.S. CityScape News?

Preston Martin

This should be a pretty simple one.  I am new to X-Plane 10, and the cities suck, as we all know.  Do any of you know, or have heard rumors of any products coming to market (Ie DRZEWIECKI DESIGN, or LimeSim etc.) to rectify this situation?  Another fleeting thought I had was......Would it be possible to convert the Seattle map from Take on Helicopters, for use in X-Plane?  -Woog

The Miami City 2012 scenery b Drzewiecki Design can be quite easily converted to work in x-plane. I managed to do it with the FS2004 version. You need to install on windows first and fool the installer into thinking you have fs9 installed. Then I converted the city and two other airports (already have good kmia) with FS2XP. Finally I deleted the photo scenery on the package with overlay editor as simheaven one was higher quality.

Here is a photo:

http://forums.x-pilot.com/topic/595-what-did-you-fly-today/?p=72744

I haven't installed the simheaven files for seattle yet but I'd imagine you could quite easily import s50 auburn municipal into WED or Overlay Editor and create a forest exclusion zone around the offending trees.  That should work as long as the s50 scenery is loaded above the simheaven scenery on the test list in the custom scenery file.

I also wish LimeSim or Drzewiecki Design would make a some metropolitan US cities.  I do not want to mess around with converting FSX scenery and in my opinion this is one place where X Plane 10 needs a lot of work.  

Would like to see Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Phoenix, New York, Miami, Denver, and Detroit.

• 2 months later...

World2xplane is not bad at modelling basic cityscapes if the osm 3d building data is there. Chicago and new York are 2 examples of cities with some decent osm building data. You can use f4map to visualize the osm 3d buildings, and world2xplane to create the scenery if you like.