1st MAXX-XP Sponsored Screen Shot Contest

JohnMAXX

XgCZp5c.png

Ok folks I want to hold a screen shot contest as my way of saying thanks for your overwhelming support of MAXX-XP.

Here is how it is going to work(required):

• 1 image from each user that follows the announced theme, thats right only one submission per community member.
  • No editing of the image what so ever, as a matter of fact participants are encouraged to submit a full resolution image.
  • Submit your shot by using "imgur.com" and paste the link with the IMG tags.
  • Give your shot a creative title, this helps us create a poll when voting begins.
  • List what add-ons (free or pay) that were used when making the composition.
  • Post your submission IN THIS POST.

​The contest is going to run throughout the month of April and voting will begin in early May.  The poll will run for one week and after voting ends a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winner will be selected. In the case of a tie on either the 1st, 2nd or 3rd place position, we will have another round of voting on the appropriate screen shots until a winner is selected(i.e. if 3rd place ties we will have another week of voting on the two 3rd place winners).

Prizes:

1st Place:

• Any product from the X-Aviation catalog
  • A MAXX-XP Mousepad
  • A MAXX-XP Steel water bottle

2nd Place:

• A MAXX-XP Mousepad
  • A MAXX-XP Water bottle

3rd Place:

• A MAXX-XP Mousepad

This is what the mousepad and water bottle look like:

post-8008-0-28911800-1396189588_thumb.jp  post-8008-0-98422600-1396189586_thumb.jp

Before we begin:

1. This contest is meant to fun, take time and compose the best screen shot you can.  
  2. Be creative and wow the community with the beauty of X-Plane.  
  3. Follow the rules, I am trying to keep the playing field consistent and fair for everyone who participates. Any submissions that do not follow the specified format will be deleted.
  4. I made the rules fair,  if this contest becomes a cry baby festival I am going to pull it and chalk it up to "THIS IS WHY WE CANNOT HAVE NICE THINGS".

OK thanks for thoroughly reading the guide above and without further ado here is your theme for the contest:

Mountains!

With recent additions to X-Plane the mountains have really taken shape.  Show us some spectacular views in the mountains.

j9d7MXi.jpg

Keep in mind there is no specific format to follow just make sure take the shot in an area of the world with some nice mountains.

WbdLkPd.jpg

Try and bring out the best in X-Plane, really take your time and use every tool at your disposal.

JwPBPhB.jpg

Remember MOUNTAINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck everyone I am excited to see what you can come up with :D

Edited by JohnMAXX
  • Upvote 1

Quick question, do you mind if I have super widescreen (like could be used as signature class widescreen) photos, or should I stick to standard aspect ratios?

example of what I mean by widescreen

Couldn't find the original photo, so take this as an example instead (not what I plan to enter into the contest however)

F22+sig.jpg

As long if it isn't edited in any way you will be good..........No cropping but you can run X-Plane in window mode and create a widescreen layout by resizing the window...

This way you can get the effect you want and keep it fair....

EDIT...

If I delete stuff its to keep the post clean for submissions......

Edited by JohnMAXX

Hey guys just want to pop in and say a fantastic effort so far, rememeber the community gets to vote on these images so its a fair game!

Keep the submissions rolling.......

NOTE:  I dont mind the conversations, keep them up,  but after awhile Im deleting some of them just to keep the thread full of screenshots ;)

Edited by JohnMAXX

Not bad for a Poor man PC.

TyVruwR.jpg

Addons:

- Carenado Bonanza V35

- Default X-plane clouds resize to 256 x 256

- PAGK Gulkana AK by EPOCH Alaska Air

- Custom SASL Script for water colors, lights and clouds adapted from Real Terra Haze

- BeachMaxx

- GlacierMaxx

- Aerosoft Sky Color and Sun Halo

- PC Specs ( Intel® Pentium® Dual  CPU  E2200  @ 2.20GHz 4Gb Ram 32-bit version of Windows 7, AMD Radeon HD 5570.

Edited by Carlos Garcia
  • Upvote 4

201404142.jpg

Relevant bits:

• SkyMaxx Pro
  • Maxx FX

Not quite so relevant bits:

• FlyWithLua atmospheric lighting (custom)
  • Flight Factor 757 (Northwest "Bowling Shoe" livery)
  • OSX 10.9.0 | Intel i5 3570 | MSI GTX 660 Ti | 24 GB DDR3 RAM
Edited by psanker
  • Upvote 7