Maxx FX will not install

jkieffer1957

Downloaded Maxx FX last night and extracted it. When I tried to run set up I received a windows error (attached File). Says " Windows cannot access the specific device, path or file. You may not have appropriate permission to access this file" . Then the set up icon disappears. I extract the files again and tried to run as administrator and received the same error code. Any advice on how to proceed. I have a Windows 7 machine running 64 bit, with a GeForce GTX 650 Ti graphics card and an Intel I3 CPU with 8 GB of system memory.

I appreciate any help you can provide me.

Regards

Jim Kieffer

Greenville, NC

post-11798-0-35405500-1395102830_thumb.j

Edited by jkieffer1957

I don't have Maxx FX [yet] but I am assuming it has a similar installation program as SkyMaxx Pro.  If you are able to normally run applications from your K drive and point the installation to the X-Plane root directory as requested, you should be fine.

The only other thing I am considering here is whether the K and L drives are local or attached via a network.

Beyond that, you'll need to have either JohnMAXX or Cameron help you with this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi :)

I will install Maxx FX 1.0 and I can not, it stops and asking " You need to specify a value " when normaly I must insert my email adress,  it's the first time that I have this question .... !!? :(

Any solution ?

maxx_f10.jpg

guro ;)

Hi :)

Thanks JohnMAXX, that's the solution B)

I have a LCD 29"  (2560x1080) and the letters are more smaller then I had set it to 125% and the totaly of the X-Aviation window was not on screen :rolleyes:

maxx_f11.jpg

Thanks again for the tip B) B)

guro ;)

• 2 years later...