Flying with Lua

Tom Knudsen

Also, I neglected to mention how this light problem is more frequent with those who have the aerosoft lights installed. I fixed my light issue but I played around before and the lights were invisible even when the scripts were disabled. Then, after deleting the aerosoft lights and putting x-plane default lites back, everything was fine. So in all honestly, I think the heart of this issue is within the aerosoft light upgrade (unless your rendering settings are cranked up high) and also depends in where you're flying too! Lights works at Heathrow but not at Frankfurt! Very complex bug..

I switched between 16 different airports, tried with both default light and aerosoft light and at different time of day. All runway lights now work seamless. The red/black issue at tower/buliding lights are known bugs related to x-plane not script or aerosoft.

Cannot see any issues more

• 1 month later...

Version 10.30 b3 is now out

Some important fixes

Fixed the “white-out” bug – no more loss of visibility when near clouds.

The white band of fog in high-altitude views has been fixed.

There is now an official override for clouds (sim/operation/override/override_clouds) – setting this to one gets rid of all cloud puffs and white-out; it is no longer necessary to use art controls to replace X-Plane’s built-in clouds. Using this override saves CPU time that would have been spent building clouds and VRAM that would have been spent storing cloud meshes.

The “frame rate” data output now contains two fields: CPU and GPU. These times show the time the CPU and GPU spent drawing one frame (on average) in milliseconds.

There is a new art control “hdr/debug_lights” that, when set to 1, will show you the cone area of all spill lights. The cone area of the spill lights on screen is a good indicator of how much GPU power the spill light is taking. If your scenery or airplane is very slow at night in HDR mode, turn on light debugging and look for huge, wasteful spill light cones. If you can make these smaller you may improve GPU performance.

• Upvote 1

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd honestly have the original scripts and not rth, because every time I start it. I get this error:

We were unable to load the shader file:

0:10:09.735 E/SYS: | Resources/shaders/dome.glsl

And when I delete RTH, this error magically no longer occurs. I had the original scripts before and they were flawless, I just got a new system and don't have them anymore.