Flying with Lua

Tom Knudsen

Looks awsome, but try and set FL350 on a bright and shiny day. That is something I am working on now, not sure which is what yet.

Thanks Tom, YOU did it with Maxx guys. :D

I will try maybe . It is kind of additcive, I was adjusting the components for over an hour and could not decide what would be the best. I guess it might actually vary depending on where one flies.

At least I have a solid base to enjoy the X-Plane environment now.

The magic TRIO works perfect for me.

Cheers, AJ ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Could you tell us the settings you used for the screenshots especially in SkyMaxx Pro and Maxx XP? Did you change the settings of the LUA scripts? 

I think it was a question for me. :)

Skymax Pro I used all sliders in the middle and from pull down menu Special/Show Sky Colors, I believe I used mount: ( for mountains I guess)

Maxx XP, I do not remember, I was playing with so many settings that I just do not remember this particular one but it was a POwer User Option.

I used the latest scripts from Tom's links, did not changed anything.

I am sure you will also like the video below. Enjoy!   Cheers, AJ ;)

• Upvote 1

I do not want to mislead you but I think that the first part is Alaska and the second one is Alps somewhere in Europe.

Mountains will look pretty much the same as in the video regardless of what part of the world you are, I am sure Colorado will look great also.

Cheers, AJ  ;)

Do you have to have hdr enabled for this to work?

I remember Tom replying to the same question, the answer was , if remember correctly, "no" BUT you will not get it to look as shown in the video and  Tom's and other guy's screenshots.

Cameron, I am sorry to give the different answer but I am sure that was what Tom said some time in the past.

Cheers, AJ ;)

I remember Tom replying to the same question, the answer was , if remember correctly, "no" BUT you will not get it to look as shown in the video and Tom's and other guy's screenshots.

Cameron, I am sorry to give the different answer but I am sure that was what Tom said some time in the past.

Cheers, AJ ;)

Anything to do with raleigh and atmospheric scattering requires HDR, AJ.

Anything to do with raleigh and atmospheric scattering requires HDR, AJ.

Can we non HDR Users have a way to improve the Atmosphere visual quality ?

I have a very old Pc (I cant buy a new one right now) and cant use HDR (Windows 7  32 bits, 4 Gb Ram, Intel dual Core 2.1 Ghz, Radeon 5750 HD)

Thanks

Carlos

Can we non HDR Users have a way to improve the Atmosphere visual quality ?

Not to the level seen in screenshots, no. Atmospheric scattering takes some special rendering tricks to achieve, and thus is only available with HDR.

The next best thing for you would be limited to sky colors that trick the eye, or even some kind of a plugin not currently available to alter things on the horizon.

• Upvote 1

Here is a fix for the very ugle fog block layer with SkyMax Pro

Finally clear view

post-8124-0-35043700-1396050126_thumb.pn

Go to

\X-Plane 10\Resources\plugins\SilverLining\Resources

Open the file "SilverLining" in notepad or other edition program

Find the code

default-turbidity = 2.2

and change it to

default-turbidity = 1

Save and exit