Flying with Lua

Tom Knudsen

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your post, they indeed make the sim look more beautiful. I quite like the lights tweak too (by the way what would you recommend doing to make the lights brighter at dusk/daytime too?)

Let me contribute by adding a third file to improve water (I found it on another forum, I'm just reposting it) just save it as water.lua

set( "sim/private/controls/water/deep1_b", 0.710000 )set( "sim/private/controls/water/deep1_g", 1.040000 )set( "sim/private/controls/water/deep1_r", 0.020000 )set( "sim/private/controls/water/deep2_b", 0.950000 )set( "sim/private/controls/water/deep2_g", 0.113000 )set( "sim/private/controls/water/deep2_r", 0.190000 )

One more thing, your tweaks look great at relative low altitudes but the give an unrealistic cyan tint at 10-20k feet, have you considered putting down a few if statements and switch colors base on height?

L

can't spend too much time on this right now, here's a quick screenshot, it looks too cartoony, I know I wonder if the excess of cyan might be caused by the art settings.

Anyway between these and the art settings there is a lot of potential!

Do feel free to play and improve this, it would be awesome to have a standardized amazing lights/art/water/anything else set of scripts

post-930-0-38295200-1394408885_thumb.png

Edited by luckyluca

Hi Tom,

Just wanted to let you know that last night I have tried scripts with SkyMaxx Pro and Maxx-XP running.

Despite the errors discussed above, I got some VERY nice results, I will post it here tonight.

Great job, thank you.    Cheers, AJ ;)

P.S. When you are done with all debugging, can you copy and paste the most recent combined code for alr and light modifications like you did in the past.

Just the whole text that needs to go to ONE script file ending with .lua extension in Scripts folder.

I would keep the scripts separate so to maintain a more modular approach

Hi Tom,

Just wanted to let you know that last night I have tried scripts with SkyMaxx Pro and Maxx-XP running.

Despite the errors discussed above, I got some VERY nice results, I will post it here tonight.

Great job, thank you.    Cheers, AJ ;)

P.S. When you are done with all debugging, can you copy and paste the most recent combined code for alr and light modifications like you did in the past.

Just the whole text that needs to go to ONE script file ending with .lua extension in Scripts folder.

Gentlemen, as promised. SkyMaxx Pro, Maxx-XP and FlywithLUA scripts together. Three Stooges? :D:lol::D   Awesome combination for my taste. Judge for yourself.

First two are around KASE ( Aspen , CO) and the airport is KPHL ( Philadelphia International , like nobody knew it.. :) )

Enjoy! Cheers, AJ

LES_Saab_340A_6.png

LES_Saab_340A_1.png

LES_Saab_340A_4.png

Edited by arb65912
  • Upvote 3