Garman GNS430 in X-Plane

Hexley

I have several planes with the Garman GNS430 and I can't find out how to set multiple waypoints.  I have found the manual for the actual GPS and some tutorial on that, but nothing on how to use X-Plane's simulated version.  Does anyone know of documentation or tutorials on using this GPS?

You can't manually set more than one waypoint at a time in the stock GNS430. You create an FMS flight plan and save it in your output>FMS plans folder and then assign a button to "Load FMS" in the buttons menu in the joystick and equipment assignments. I use Goodway to create my FMS plans.

Someone created a fairly detailed manual for the X-Plane Garmin and you can find it by searching the downloads at the org.

Edited by ointment

If you've got the California Airlines FMS entry plugin (or something like that), you can setup a multi-leg flight plan.

Just hit INIT, then enter your first waypoint, and from there, open the plugin, and type in the string of waypoints.  Then, click ENT, set the CDI to GPS, use NAV/LOC and fly the route.

I have several planes with the Garman GNS430 and I can't find out how to set multiple waypoints.  I have found the manual for the actual GPS and some tutorial on that, but nothing on how to use X-Plane's simulated version.  Does anyone know of documentation or tutorials on using this GPS?

Hi,

the defaut GPS is realy limited

try this http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=16665 plugin for add waypoints

Edited by giacer

Thanks for all of the input.  I was able to import an FMS route I downloaded from simroutes from KLAX to KSFO.  I set a joystick button to load the FMS and it flew the route perfectly.  Most of the buttons on the GPS do nothing.  I hope sometime in the future they will make this GPS more functional.

post-15397-0-23955400-1393029938_thumb.p