[SOLVED] Unable to get the AP working

FloB

As soon as I engage the autopilot all modes are deselected and I'm unable to select any. AP comes green but the flight director does not send any commands and the AP does not fly the plane. Depending on frequency I have a flickering red LOC or VOR flag at the bottom of the EADI. Restarted a couple of times and went through the checklists and the manual.
I've no idea what's going on... 

Any help appreciated

XP10.25, WIN7, Saab 1.1

post-7685-0-27128600-1392403777_thumb.pn

Edited by FloB

Hi Jim, I will.
But before that I'm chasing down what seems an interference between the Saab autopilot engage command and the default XP "servos toggle/servos on" command. This is definately connected to my problem as toggling the servos allowed finally to select modes as expected. FD commands now are displayed correctly on EADI :) - but autopilot still not flying the plane :(

Will restart and delete prefs...

Will report back

Regards

Flo

Edited by FloB

Hi,

This sounds similar to my AP issue, insofar as the AP seems to be engaged and set correctly, but it's not being followed. You can still change heading and pitch even though the AP is on.

Which pref's were deleted?

I ask because I am new to XPX (but I've been flight simming for many years).

Thanks,

Fabio

Hi,

Positive; the AP symbol is in green and it has a box around it, and the YD/AP switch on the pedestal is engaged as it stays in the ON (forward) position once it is held there for a second or two. AP modes appear on the EADI and the buttons illuminate with a yellow dot once pressed (the digits rheostat has been rotated).

Wish it was that simple!

Thanks though, and grateful for your response.

Fabio