HotFix for Brakes Issue

JGregory

Jim, I have a question if you do not mind. :)

We just witnessed how quick things could be fixed using Gizmo64/Windows/HotFix Feature.

My question is, IF/WHEN  ( I am sure it will be much less frequent anyway) someone finds a feature or a bug that LES Design Team would be willing to fix, what type of bugs and fixes can be considered?

I mean, we are not talking about changing the 3D model as it was discussed some time between Goran and of of the users about windshield area being too little, right?

We can possibly expect just things related to programming systems, correct?

Is there a way to add a command for example that does not exist in the Saab commands list?

I am just curious because as you know from my posts I love LES Saab340A and for a couple of months I have been flying it exclusively but there are things that in my opinion would make it even better than it is now.

For example, someone reported having problems with turning DC ELEC knob using mouse, I also find it to be a PITA which we know it is X-Plane limitation , not a design flaw.

Would it be possible to implement the command that would toggle the switch between it's all positions?

Thank you for reading.  Cheers, AJ ;)

My question is, IF/WHEN  ( I am sure it will be much less frequent anyway) someone finds a feature or a bug that LES Design Team would be willing to fix, what type of bugs and fixes can be considered?

Small one's that we don't deem entirely necessary to hold out for a full new update with. Something as small as the brake issue warranted such a hotfix. We will not be making a habit of issuing every little bug fix with this feature. It's important we keep consistency across users' platforms to streamline support issues, and ultimately these types of things become confusing for many users.

I mean, we are not talking about changing the 3D model as it was discussed some time between Goran and of of the users about windshield area being too little, right?

3D model changes are not a part of the hotfix system.

Is there a way to add a command for example that does not exist in the Saab commands list?

Yes, this is possible.

Would it be possible to implement the command that would toggle the switch between it's all positions?

Things like this would also require object updates, so this is not a part of the hotfix setup.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...