PREVIEW - X-Plane 10 Tree Lines and Farms V2

alpilotx

The latest little project I am working on is a "plain and simple" update of my X-Plane 10 Tree Lines and Farms scenery to V2.

The main improvement will be, that you will see a vastly improved amount of tree lines:

• based on newer OSM data (the same I used for HD Mesh Scenery v2 ... thus the two are "perfectly" matched), which alone brings - because of its growth - a lot of new vector data where I can derive more tree lines
  • now many tree lines are also placed along water features (rivers, lakes) - which was a long requested feature
  • railroads got a few tree lines too

Overall - just by looking at the file sizes - the amount of tree lines is easily tripled!

c4_5.jpg

Follow this link for a lot more screen shots:

Estimated release should be in the coming 2-4 weeks.

PS: and some of you will notice, that all the screenshots have a new "atmosphere" look, which is based on the great findings from this thread at AVSIM:

• Upvote 6

Farms are not being changed (at least I do not have plans to invest time in that now) ... the artwork will be the same as before. The difference will only be (just like with V1) between Europe and North America as a whole.
does that mean the farms will show within Canada? Version 1 didn't :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AWESOME work as always, Thank You!

Do I need tree lines and farm v1 if im using your HD Mesh v2?

Tree Lines and Farms are only "candy on the cake" ... so you don't need it :) Its always optional ... but definitely nice to have. And you can now pull v1 and later upgrade to v2 (both work nicely with HD Mesh Scenery v2).

Yes, with North America I indeed meant North America ... so yes, Canada will be included (I plan to make the coverage approximately identical to HD Mesh Scenery v2).
excellent, I think the 'eye candy' adds a little more realism . V2 HD Mesh made an incredible difference in Canada. Thank you !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am very glad someone has figured out how to increase the rayleigh scatteing effect

One of my quirks was that, although atmospheric scattering was an option, it was never pronounced enough to be more like "what you see out the window" in real life.

I read in the other thread that Ben is totally opposed to increasing the effect; which is a shame, as I think everyone out there will probabaly use the dataref editor.script/plugin to give this effect.

John - Want to add this natively int SkyMAXX? (just a few datarefs you gotta poke as part of your UI =)..)

- CK.

Edited by chris k

Supnik specifically states that 3rd party developers shouldn't mess with art controls.....

With that said I think the LR crew will probably accommodate the user base soon.  Personally I hope they add some sliders (you know me I love sliders) so the end user can fine adjust the effects.

We will see, if not and we get the go ahead from Laminar we can provide something......

<<edit>> Personally I love the tweaks, I think they are just what HDR needed.....

Edited by JohnMAXX