Take Command! Saab 340A Version 1.1 Update Released!

Cameron

Hello, all,

This will serve as a formal forum announcement that we have released the version 1.1 update for the Take Command! Saab 340A. All customers who have purchased the Saab 340A up till now have been sent an e-mail by X-Aviation with complete instructions on how to obtain your update. We have made this a very simple process! For those that purchase the Saab 340A from today forward, your purchased download will already be updated to version 1.1 for you.

What if I didn't get the update e-mail?

If you did not receive your update e-mail don't fret! X-Aviation has updated our system to allow all customers to update with ease, regardless of whether you received an e-mail for the update! Here's what to do:

1. Login to your X-Aviation account here: https://www.x-aviati...talog/login.php

2. View your past order history invoice that contains the Saab 340A purchase on it.

3. At the bottom of the invoice you will find a blue highlighted link to your update that says: "Take Command!: Saab 340A".

NOTE: IF YOU HAVE THE SAAB CURRENTLY INSTALLED DO NOT UNINSTALL IT! THE NEW INSTALLER WILL SCAN AND UPDATE YOUR FILES!

There are some important fixes and requests implemented in this update.

The following is a list of additions/fixes included:

What's New / Changed:

• Optimized code and objects - big FPS boost!
  • Fixed typo on GUI walkaround checklist
  • Added GPU sound
  • Fixed bug in Condition Lever joystick assignment
  • Desensitized joystick assignment
  • Changed animation of flap handle for joystick users
  • Fixed bug causing an error when CTOT was on and engines overheated.
  • Fixed bug in Anti-Skid system causing no CWP annunciation and false Master Caution
  • Reverted to default sounds on Dot-Dash radio code
  • Fixed bug in window anti-ice system
  • Fixed bug in wing anti-ice system
  • Fixed bug in volume control GUI on "RESET ALL"
  • Fixed "pop" in prop sound
  • Adjusted generator cut-out parameter
  • Taxi and Landing Light (length) increased
  • Fixed bug in the pressurization system preventing outflow valve opening on ground
  • Added GSP display logic for NAV2 on EHSI
  • Changed power logic on pilot altimeter and VSI
  • Changed power logic for Autopilot
  • Fixed some livery textures and normal maps
  • Various object fixes for all variants

As always, thanks for being a customer with X-Aviation. We appreciate your feedback and support!

Enjoy these latest updates, and stay tuned to the forum as we continually announce the latest happenings.

• Upvote 9

YES! YES! YES!   Cameron and LES Team, fantastic job, thank you very much, now it is going to be a pure fun. :D

Cameron, would you mind to talk to my boss and tell him I need to go home early because I have a rare case of LESSaabulosis and can not concentrate to do my job? :D:lol:

Seriously, thank you very much again, I have  been waiting so much for that. :)

Cheers, AJ ;)

Went after it as soon as the update was out. No intense testing yet but very promising and not too heavy on frames. I'll dig into the manual now.

BUT what starts to be really annoying after a few minutes already is the manipulator tech that does not work well. Moving the mouse up/down or left/right leads to unexpected results and grows to a real pain when you're busy. Moving up brings numbers down and the next time it's just the other way around. Knobs stop turning at a certain stage and you have to grab them again and move all across the screen for a single "klick". I know this is most probably not LES's fault (the MU-2 has this too), but unfortunately it ruins the otherwise very good first impression. I really hope someone comes up with a solution to this as "usability" is a priority to me.

Printing now...

Flo

Nose wheels still poke through the nose landing gear doors, I also don't see much improvement on framerate, maybe I installed it wrong (I just used the installer same as all updates from XA, says 1.1 when selecting the acf in X-Plane). Is the installer a full install or just a patch? If full installer I may uninstall what I have now and do a fresh 1.1 installation.

Nose wheels still poke through the nose landing gear doors, I also don't see much improvement on framerate, maybe I installed it wrong (I just used the installer same as all updates from XA, says 1.1 when selecting the acf in X-Plane). Is the installer a full install or just a patch? If full installer I may uninstall what I have now and do a fresh 1.1 installation.

Yeah thanks for the update but I've not noticed FPS improvement. Perhaps I'll try fresh install and report back.

Yeah thanks for the update but I've not noticed FPS improvement. Perhaps I'll try fresh install and report back.

OK I tried this but not noticed a difference. I installed the lower resolution textures even though I have a 2GB graphics card and that maybe added a couple of extra FPS.  I'm generally hovering between 19-24 now which is OK given the complexity of the model.

That's in reasonably built up area with airport scenery and skymaxx clouds by the way.

Edited by andydckent

OK I tried this but not noticed a difference. I installed the lower resolution textures even though I have a 2GB graphics card and that maybe added a couple of extra FPS.  I'm generally hovering between 19-24 now which is OK given the complexity of the model.

That's in reasonably built up area with airport scenery and skymaxx clouds by the way.

That with hdr on? seems okay then. I turned hdr off for now, it is clearly not optimised in xplane atm. Games like DCS a-10C with max settings are only limited by vsync on my system, with hdr on.

I have a 2500K @ 4.3, 8 gb ram and an asus gtx 780 oc with 3 gb vram (fps on add on airport + photoscenery = around 25-30 ground, much more in air)

did you update skymaxx btw? I noticed better fps after the update.

Is the installer a full install or just a patch? If full installer I may uninstall what I have now and do a fresh 1.1 installation.

It is a combination...very much like the installer for X-Plane, where it only updates the files needed, or...if you have no install it will do a full re-install.

If you choose to do a re-install you will find an uninstaller in the X-Plane 10/X-Aviation folder.

If your CPU is already maxing out (or GPU for that matter), then you may not stand to gain anything here. I have tested this on four office computers and thus far every one of them saw improvements (3 of the 4 were drastic improvement...16+ fps). HDR is also still heavier, and if you're GPU bound with HDR active then that will likely cause issue (though HDR is also greatly improved for those not GPU bound).

So far the reaction to this has been quite positive, with tons of feedback on how much FPS improvement this update has produced for people. If you have a moment, I'd like to hear your system specs.

Quick report from me on frame rate.

Inside the cockpit, not noticeable gain BUT before upgrade, I was not able to look at to the right from the cockpit, frame rate would drop , NOW I can look to the right anytime and it works great.

Second thing that was IMPROVED DRAMATICALLY is the outside view, before update after flying over an hour, I was not able to use otside view.

NOW, I can switch to outside view any time during even a long flight and it is working great with FPS 20++

I am very happy with the update so far as as frame rate, I was not able to take videos with outside views, now I can. :D

Thank you Cameron and the whole Leading Edge Simulations Team.   :)

Cheers, AJ ;)

That with hdr on? seems okay then. I turned hdr off for now, it is clearly not optimised in xplane atm. Games like DCS a-10C with max settings are only limited by vsync on my system, with hdr on.

I have a 2500K @ 4.3, 8 gb ram and an asus gtx 780 oc with 3 gb vram (fps on add on airport + photoscenery = around 25-30 ground, much more in air)

did you update skymaxx btw? I noticed better fps after the update.

Yes it's with HDR on so not too bad I guess.

I did update Skymaxx and noticed that too.

Andy

Quick report from me on frame rate.

Inside the cockpit, not noticeable gain BUT before upgrade, I was not able to look at to the right from the cockpit, frame rate would drop , NOW I can look to the right anytime and it works great.

Second thing that was IMPROVED DRAMATICALLY is the outside view, before update after flying over an hour, I was not able to use otside view.

NOW, I can switch to outside view any time during even a long flight and it is working great with FPS 20++

I am very happy with the update so far as as frame rate, I was not able to take videos with outside views, now I can. :D

Thank you Cameron and the whole Leading Edge Simulations Team.   :)

Cheers, AJ ;)

Agree with you on the looking right in cockpit thing. Doesn't seem to have made difference outside though for me.

Cameron,

My specs for the record: 3.4 GHz i7, 8GB ram and AMD Radeon HD 6970M with 2GB ram.

Andy