SkyMaxx Pro Version 1.3 Update Released!

Cameron

OK, Cameron, thanks.

Updating my OS to 10.9 is a shaky proposition for lots of reasons, not least getting mysql to behave, dealing with the transition glitches, etc.

So, I hope you succeed in achieving compatability with earlier OS's, or at least 10.7!

Thanks very much for those efforts, and thanks for your very prompt reply.

Best,

Jack Connolly

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have bought and installed the SkyMaxxPro 1.3 a couple of weeks. It is amazing. Now Xplane has improved a lot. However I from time to time I use the Xplane's 32bit version because I connect to a FSD server using the XSquawkbox version 1.0. Well, now after installing SkyMaxx Pro I have seen that Xplane 32 is locked during the startup and only when I uninstall either SKyMaxx Pro or the XSquawkbox XPlane works. 

I do not undertand why SkyMaxx can interact when I am using the 32 bit version but apparently happens, and that for me it serious drawback

Thanks

Attached you can find the content of my log.txt after trying to start XPlane 32bits (I had to kill the proccess because after 15 minutes the program was completely locked). As you mentioned this is something that it should not have to do with SkyMaxxPro but when I uninstall it everything works. I have also attached another log file after unistalling the XSquawkBox 1.0. 

By the way, I use the XSB 1.0 because in the only alternative to connect to legacy FSD servers. Some virtual companies are still using them. 

Thanks for your help

LogWithXSB.txt

Log.txt

Nothing too telling in your logs, although your B58 and a couple of your add-on sceneries appear to have issues. I do suspect this is an issue related to using such an old version of XSquawkBox with the newer Gizmo installed with SkyMaxx Pro, but as this doesn't look like a problem with SkyMaxx Pro itself I'm out of my depth. My best advice would be to try updating to the newest version of XSB and see if that clears it up, just to narrow it down.

Ben or Cameron - any opinion?

Running the 32bit simulator should completely ignore current versions of Gizmo.

There are no 32 bit plugins to be found.

This should take less than a second for the sim to attempt, log and abort.

The log files provided show no sign of any attempt to load any version of Gizmo64 or SkyMAXX and therefore offer no useful data to be analysed.

@TomPolth: We need log files with Gizmo64 and SkyMAXX installed when you try to start the 32bit version of the sim.

Your comments have given  me some clues  and I have tried it again but now disabling the CSL planes in the XSB folder and ...voila!! now everything is working. 

My apologies for bothering you with something not related with your product. But without your clues I would have never found a solution. 

Thanks a lots.

• 2 weeks later...

We talked to Laminar about this - it's not something currently possible for a plugin to do in X-Plane I'm afraid.

That is seriously disappointing. Your clouds are great and I do miss the crepuscular effect as well but now that we've experienced them I think a lot of us don't want to give up those cloud shadows.

Just a stupid idea: Could modified default clouds (+/- transparent, very low res and low number of puffs) be used to cast shadows and Skymaxx to represent the clouds visually at the same time? Since both rely on the XP-weather engine the shadows should match the clouds more or less...

Wait - XPlane clouds don't move...

Flo

PS: I don't care much about cloud shadows.

Edited by FloB

We did discuss this idea but running two cloud engines in tandem will negate any performance gains. Even with transparency...

We could possibly explore this option, not to get anyone excited though, even with transparent default clouds the performance will be poor...