SkyMaxx Pro Version 1.3 Update Released!

Cameron

Hello, all,

This will serve as a formal forum announcement that we have released the version 1.3 update for SkyMaxx Pro. All customers who have purchased SkyMaxx Pro up till now have been sent an e-mail by X-Aviation with complete instructions on how to obtain your update. We have made this a very simple process! For those that purchase SkyMaxx Pro from today forward, your purchased download will already be updated to version 1.3 for you.

What if I didn't get the update e-mail?

If you did not receive your update e-mail don't fret! X-Aviation has updated our system to allow all customers to update with ease, regardless of whether you received an e-mail for the update! Here's what to do:

1. Login to your X-Aviation account here: https://www.x-aviati...talog/login.php

2. View your past order history invoice that contains SkyMaxx Pro purchase on it.

3. At the bottom of the invoice you will find a blue highlighted link to your update that says: "SkyMaxx Pro".

There are some important fixes and requests implemented in this update.

The following is a list of additions/fixes included:

What's New / Changed:

• Clouds faded out due to visibility are culled, to further improve performance
  • New cumulus cloud puff textures
  • Clouds should be consistent across multiple displays
  • New config option to always force at least one cirrus layer (on by default). If no cirrus layer comes in from X-Plane's datarefs, we create one at 9000 meters
  • Improved error handling in the event initialization fails
  • Cloud visibility is generally increased
  • Random variation added to cumulonimbus cloud sizes
  • Prevents a source of a potential crash reported by one user
  • Memory leak fixed with latest Gizmo build

As always, thanks for being a customer with X-Aviation. We appreciate your feedback and support!

Enjoy these latest updates, and stay tuned to the forum as we continually announce the latest happenings.

• Upvote 1

Hi,

A while ago I complained about crashes happening on long flights. I am happy to report that a 3.5 hour flight, made under aritificial intelligence, with the new version 1.3, did not detect any issues. Many thanks to Maxx for having looked at this problem and, apparently, solved it.

José

I am very happy we got that sorted for you Jose!

Sorry for your initial feelings towards SkyMAXX, hopefully, now,  you can fully enjoy what we have to offer.......

Edited by JohnMAXX
  • Upvote 3

Hi,

I'll update SkyMaxx Pro1.2 the first time. Do I have to uninstall any files of the old version or do I have to

start the setup windows.exe of SkyMaxxPro1.3 only? Sorry for this question.

Rolf

Hi,

I'll update SkyMaxx Pro1.2 the first time. Do I have to uninstall any files of the old version or do I have to

start the setup windows.exe of SkyMaxxPro1.3 only? Sorry for this question.

Rolf

The install will overwrite the old version....

Hi

I just purchased it and the link i received was for version 1.2. Then i went into my account and tried to find the version 1.3 but the link was still for 1.2...

Try installing it and in the top left corner of the SMP user interface(from the plugins menu) what version does it say it is? 

John,

I just tested the new v1.3 on a 1.5 hour flight and everything is operating smoothly.  I very much like the new additions/changes.

Well Done!  Your efforts to improve this, along with Cameron's and Ben's involvement/contributions, is much appreciated.

• Upvote 2

Hi,

it's a dream!! Congratulation!!

I installed the update 1.3 with no problem on my six scenery machines and tested it on all monitors in relation of synchronization. I think it's realy very good performed now, but there are not 100% sychronization if the airplane passes through fine mist-like limited clouds, than you can watch for e.g. a clearly area on the 45°left monitor while on the left center monitor(cpt.) the mist-like cloud are filling e.g. the left lower part of this center monitor. X-Plane original weather is in relation to this mist-like clouds realy to 100% perfect.  And second I watched changing the weather (I'm dowmloading metar.rwx weather about all 10') partly very suddenly, that means there was a situation with impressive clouds, they disappered very fast and new, less clouds were performed - that was very disturbing.

Please don't misunderstand me, I like SkyMaxx very much and it's a excellent product, but I think it should be even better, means a top, top pruduct.

Rolf

Edited by Blizzard

Hi, Anybody.

Just installed 1.3 (iMac, 10.7.5), and SkyMaxx does no longer appears in the plugins menu, or plugin activation window. Can't adjust settings, etc. So, not sure if 1.3 is actually there.

See images attached.

Is some other plugin interfering?

I re-installed 1.3 one time, but made no difference.

Thanks for any help.

Jack Connolly

post-8292-0-84889700-1391889283_thumb.pn

post-8292-0-88976900-1391889284_thumb.pn

post-8292-0-80343600-1391889285_thumb.pn

post-8292-0-81531800-1391889286_thumb.pn