To all members of Lead Edge Simulations Team

arb65912

Gentlemen,

Some of you remember my not so nice "career" start in X-Pilot forums. :(

I was posting a lot, complaining about not being able to fly Saab 340A, about frame rate dropping to a single digit...

I even got banned by Cameron ( I do not agree I should have but that is a different story)

After some time I decided to take Ben's advice and made a fresh installation of XP from scratch and copied my scenery to it.

I posted an apology for LES Team because finally SAAB started working.

I was still not happy because after a longer flight , I was unable to shoot any videos using outside views.

Before I get any further, I am still patiently waiting for SAAB upgrade as many other users so few bugs are fixed and few FPS are squeezed out, that is for sure.

What I do want to say after that is that I did something I should do right after scratch installing XP, remove my custom scenery ( I had 1800+ files there)

I removed the majority of the custom scenery except maybe a hundred or so for the places I fly the most and .....

I am able to shoot videos using outside views after 3 HRS of flight.

Actually , by the time I am writing this, XP has been on for over 4 hrs and I am still able to use ANY view I want without simulation coming to a slide show.

Having said all above.....

I apologize again to the whole Lead Edge Simulations Team for taking a lot of time and creating negative responses that were simply caused by me not trying to do what I was advised to do.

I am this type of person who can come up and say in public that I made a mistake and I am sorry. B)

I am totally in love with SAAB, I am still learning and discovering new things, I appreciate all the efforts that went to creating this great aircraft.

I do not want to make this post too long but I felt that after my recent "discovery" I need to write what you just read.

Clapping hands for Lead Edge Simulations Team!  Superb job, guys.  AJ is finally happy ( but still waiting for the update :P )

The video below was taken after 3+ hrs of continuous flight ( including landings and take offs with engine running)

Cheers, AJ , a very happy LES customer. ;)

P.S. Cameron, I have sent you a PM with apology more than a month ago but I see you never opened my PM it so maybe this thread will do instead. :unsure:

I know my landings are bad :lol:  but I had to share the joy of being able to shoot the outside views videos.

For those who would also like to see the view from the cockpit, Madeira Visual Approach RWY05

Edited by arb65912
  • Upvote 4

Happy to see you're enjoying it.  What's in the past is in the past.  Let's just leave it there.

It's nice to see people reacting positively to something we spent many tiring, stressful, and sometimes fun hours creating.  Keep making those videos.  I do watch them, even though I don't comment on them.  I've been very busy with Jim and Theo making the Citation, so it doesn't leave much room with interaction with people in the forums.

Goran, completely OT but your remark about "room" together with Citation reminded me of a trip i made a few years back. 

Before that then I believed private jets were luxury vehicles for the happy few.  To my surprise they're cramped tubes with little legroom, even less headroom, retro instruments and pilots with no taste. ;)

Arb. Always nice when people have a real passion.

btw. I'm not on the pictures.

post-186-0-50234400-1390513947_thumb.jpg

post-186-0-53402200-1390513956_thumb.jpg

post-186-0-93491800-1390513966_thumb.jpg

Goran, completely OT but your remark about "room" together with Citation reminded me of a trip i made a few years back. 

Before that then I believed private jets were luxury vehicles for the happy few.  To my surprise they're cramped tubes with little legroom, even less headroom, retro instruments and pilots with no taste. ;)

Arb. Always nice when people have a real passion.

btw. I'm not on the pictures.

Does not seem comfy...

Happy to see you're enjoying it.  What's in the past is in the past.  Let's just leave it there.

It's nice to see people reacting positively to something we spent many tiring, stressful, and sometimes fun hours creating.  Keep making those videos.  I do watch them, even though I don't comment on them.  I've been very busy with Jim and Theo making the Citation, so it doesn't leave much room with interaction with people in the forums.

Goran, I will make it quick, I know you are busy.

I agree with you 100% on all you said above.

I know how much effort went into SAB and my videos are just another way of showing the appreciation for LES Team efforts not to mention the pure fun of flying and learning SAAB.

Yes, I will keep making the videos but I want to say that reply like yours make me even more willing to do that. :)

Thank you for the input, it sure makes me feel good that some LES Team guys are reading my posts and watch some associated videos and even enjoy them. 

Cheers, AJ ;)

I just love it when people admit they are wrong and everything goes back to normal! I've had a few experiences with that before...

I have seen that before also but not too many people have guts to say in public they were wrong. :D  Well, it was totally MY fault, we all know that, SAAB still is due it's update.  Cheers, AJ ;)