X-FMC

Andy10r

Hi Andy,

I only made few test flights but I can confirm, X-FMC works with LES Saab 340A. :D

I did not try to use or even test the functions that are reserved for heavy iron.

I only tested if I can program the route and have X-FMC control autopilot inputs.

It does work, you might just assign a key or joystick button to function  autopilot/hsi_select_gps  and    autopilot/hsi_select_nav1 to go back to default NAV.

Have fun and let us know how it worked for you.

Cheers, AJ  ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Rhino,

I have never tried to use X-FMC autopilot instead of SAAB's one so I can not be any help here.

I was only using X-FMC to get SAAB to fly the route, vertical navigation and power/speed was done using  SAAB's controls.

Then, I wanted to try something different and it worked perfect but it needs Ipad use.

Here are few steps I do if I want to use FMC/GPS flight plan.

I have tried and liked a lot EFASS Electronic Flight Assistant   http://froom.de/efass/

I use EFASS to make my route ( or I can use external flight plan source and just copy and paste route )

Then EFASS exports my flight plan to X-Plane FMS plans folder .

Then I use Haversine Air Account ( free) to import my flight plan.   https://haversine.com/account

Since I save the flight plan, it will be ready in about a minute to load on Ipad using Airtrack Application.

From there things are really easy, I just hit G key which is mapped to "autopilot/hsi_select_gps" X-Plane command and SAAB autopilot follows the programmed route.

Not only LNAV works great but VNAV   IS WORKING as well. :D

That is how I fly RNAV/GPS/Airways/Waypoints routes, works like a charm.

Actually, this weekend, I will be trying the RNAV routes for approach to Queenstown NZQN as described  in post #73 linked below

http://forums.x-pilot.com/topic/6326-leading-edge-simulations-saab-340a-experience/page-4

Have fun, LES Saab340A rules!    Cheers, AJ ;)

Oh, I thought I HAVE TO activate the Xfmc's Autopilot with the AP button on it to make it work :-D

I am not yet experienced with Xfmc, it is my first attempt with it. To make this great aircraft more "online capable".

Thank you for this!

I just using Android, but the airtrack on Ipad sounds good!

What I do already use is EFASS, it has everything a simpilot needs, I think.

Jope, the saab rules :-)

Greets,

Rhino

Rhino,

Try using EFASS, Harvesine Air Account and Airtrack  the way I described, much nicer than X-FMC in my opinion because it kind of overrides the certain SAAB commands and you can do full LNAV and VNAV.

Anything you have doubts about, just shoot, I will explain in more details if you need.

I do not like long hauls because they are simply  boring so most of the times I just use standard navigation using NDBs and VORs but in case like RNAV/GPS( GNSS) routes, Airtrack is definitely doing the trick.

Last night I have tried the approach to Queenstown and I was so happy to see it working. :wub:

Today, I will fly NZQN_RNAV (RNP) Y RWY23 approach  which is part of my LES Saab340A challenge thread,I will set up clouds like in the real life video .

Keep an eye on it, you will like the videos I am going to make.

And lastly, enjoy your experience with our phenomenal LES Saab340A. :D

Cheers, AJ ;)

• 2 weeks later...

This saab 340 is just amazing and it brings xplane to a hole new level. I'm just disappointed that it doesn't have a build in navigation device like a basic GPS or FMC like most Saab340 aircraft in real life, even if they are A models. http://www.airliners.net/photo/NextJet/Saab-340A/2055185/L/

This is picture of the A model with an Honeywell UNS-1L FMSystem. This is a very basic FMC with only very minor VNAV capability but that's really all you need in these kind of planes. I really hope Leading Egde Simulations is going to bring us the final missing part in the Saab340, this would make this bird the best one in the FlightSim market. Ik now you need to invest a lot of time in to making a system like this but every future plane could benefit from it, looking in short term to the Citation jet etc... I really really hope LES is willing to invest the time into making a system like this so we don't need to search for do it your self solutions like the xfmc etc... :P

LES keep up your amazing work, you guys are making xplane in to a hole new experience!

Kind regards,

Jorik

Edited by Jorik

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just disappointed that it doesn't have a build in navigation device like a basic GPS or FMC

I don't mean this in an insulting or rude tone (tone is hard to convey over the internet), but have you tried reading charts and navigating? It's a lot more fun (for me anyway) than GPS/FMC navigation. I spend more time understanding the route. I still follow airline routes, but have to use my instruments, rather than push the nav button. I get a better idea of where I'm flying. It's really a trip to make that final turn and there it is, our destination runway. Especially in IFR conditions. I know most variants have a GPS or FMS, but don't let that ruin the fun.

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

Hi,

Is there anyway to hide/show XFMC panel? Im using x-plane on my MacBook Pro laptop with 1440x900 resolution and panel is a little bit too big to keep it on top all the time and i dont have second display yet to move panel to the second screen.

Cheers

ereb

Hi,

Is there anyway to hide/show XFMC panel? Im using x-plane on my MacBook Pro laptop with 1440x900 resolution and panel is a little bit too big to keep it on top all the time and i dont have second display yet to move panel to the second screen.

Cheers

ereb

I am also on  MacBook Pro and with the default Mac definitions I needed to use Fn+F9 to hide X-FMC pannel but I altered the preferences (for the Mac, not for X-FMC) so that now I can hide it with F9.

Jose

• Upvote 1

I am also on  MacBook Pro and with the default Mac definitions I needed to use Fn+F9 to hide X-FMC pannel but I altered the preferences (for the Mac, not for X-FMC) so that now I can hide it with F9.

Jose

Awesome! I couldn't find shortcut in key setting, thank you Sir, will check this now

Edited by ereb