Many landings at Princess Juliana

Steve

From your picture it looks like your passengers had a smooth landing but you are a bit close to the perimeter fence. Approach the runway with a higher descent rate than usual and only start levelling off once you have cleared the fence. Almost dive onto the runway then pull up late. This helps to keep a high approach over the beach and a reasonably smooth landing.

Remember to keep your speed low on approach. Also if you keep your speed low their should be no problem in touching down a fair distance past the displaced threshold. In your image it almost looks like you will hit the ground before the runway threshold.

Your approach was better than some of the professionals though ;)

59969456.jpg

Princess-Juliana-International-Airport+3

Edited by X-Plane Australia

It was pretty smooth, actually touch down nearly at the end of threshold... but yea the inches clearance from the fence makes me feel less than comfortable. 

This airport is a tough landing! S.Harris does it well.. haha Ive watched the video so many times!

Really cool..

My approach is ? than some professionals?! Those pictures are ridiculous... ppl ducking from the C208 lol.

727 is the toughest plane I have to land at Juliana so far.  747.. whooooa

Edit: Mr. S.Harris are these hand flown or using ILS?

Edited by canox

Hi, my landings are all manual, I think it does not have ILS... But I've been practicing a long time, many many landings :) is one of my favorite airports... I think its not an easy airport,but my firsts landings are a disaster :) And during this video recordering I had to repeat many of the landings with different aircraft landings to get a "decent"/"not very hard" landing :-) but sure with time and many practice in landings you get improve with practice :)

Thanks to all for feedback!! Cool shots but are professional pilots :)