Boeing 747-400

Goran_M

Yea, but they started devloping in 2010.. so maybe... huh

"Started in 2010" is nothing.  They've been doing the Saab 340 in that time, and planes take years (not months) from drawing board to release date.

As end-users, it's easy to forget that.

It's not all doom and gloom, though.  Guy M-P has been saying he's determined his DH Comet will be xp9 compatible.  Wooo hoooo! bth_zrunningamok.gif

http://forums.x-pilot.com/topic/2164-de-havilland-comet-4c/

Edited by Nicola_M
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Airbus aircraft are waaaaay more complex than Boeing.  I have AOM's, FCOM's and QRH's of the 747-200/400, A330 and A380.  There's a lot more involved in an A380.  At least to the level WE want to make it.  From what I have seen, there is no airbus available that comes remotely close to a study level airbus.  That might change when FSLabs get their Airbus out, but they've been working on that since 2010...and for a very good reason.

• Upvote 2

Airbus aircraft are waaaaay more complex than Boeing.  I have AOM's, FCOM's and QRH's of the 747-200/400, A330 and A380.  There's a lot more involved in an A380.  At least to the level WE want to make it.  From what I have seen, there is no airbus available that comes remotely close to a study level airbus.  That might change when FSLabs get their Airbus out, but they've been working on that since 2010...and for a very good reason.

Peter Hager's a32x and a380s are almost study level....however I personally think they're ridiculously priced...especially the one plane-one livery thing...

• Upvote 2

Peter Hager's a32x and a380s are almost study level....however I personally think they're ridiculously priced...especially the one plane-one livery thing...

It’s not only that, for my tastes at least it’s not the full package. As I see it all products should be holistic in their approach, it should be the best of both worlds. Great visuals, great systems. Much like the Saab and the upcoming 737. Peter’s Airbuses unfortunately lack severely on the visual/animation part, yes the model looks like the real plane, but it’s extremely static, with zero animations besides the essentials (flaps going down etc), texture looks weird and it’s not very polished. Flight characteristics on the other hand are very good, and so are systems. But it’s not complete, it’s not a great product. 

That being said, I own Peter’s A321 and I can strongly recommend it to people interested only in systems/flight model.  

Edited by ktomais

Peter himself has told me that it is not at, or close to "study level".  He hopes to keep updating though.  

I know what systems are modeled and what systems are not modeled, but we'll just leave it there as I don't want to appear to cast a negative light on another developers products.  If people enjoy it, that's the important thing.

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Still alive, just sleeping for now while we work on "other things".  We're not rushing this one, by any means.  

It WAS going to be a Lite product, but we've since changed our workflow and we are only interested in making procedure level add ons.  So this one may take a little while.  

• Upvote 2

Still alive, just sleeping for now while we work on "other things".  We're not rushing this one, by any means.  

It WAS going to be a Lite product, but we've since changed our workflow and we are only interested in making procedure level add ons.  So this one may take a little while.  

Sounds promising! Looking forward to the development and results since I adore the 747-400. What kind of members has Leading Edge Simulations?

- Have you guys already introduced this stunning project at forums.x-plane at well? 

Edited by KLMAirSwan