SAAB Install after SkyMaxx Pro

arb65912

Hey Cameron, :)

I have a question. After our infamous initial experiences related to SAAB I decided not to wait and install it again to give it a try.

There is a reason I want to try even before the update is released.

Few weeks I went to a great effort of reinstalling XP from scratch to get rid of the unnecessary add-ons.

I have two instances of XP which are identical, one is kind of a backup where everything is working and the other one is a benchmark for trying new things. :D

I know that the new SAAB is coming ( hope for a nice Christmas gift mutually  :P ) but since I have a totally new installation and one download of SAAB left I am going to give it a try and see if I run on the same problems as in the past.

If I do, I promise to just keep my mouth shut and wait for the update.

Before I try SAAB again, I have a major question.

I already have SkyMaxx Pro installed which installed Gizmo automatically.

The question is, do I need to do anything special or just install SAAB running installer and register after installation with my mail address?

I do not want to mess things up that are working great so far ( SkyMaxx Pro) by doing something wrong.

Just for the curiosity, is Gizmo going to be overwritten while SAAB installation?

Thank you.

Cheers, AJ  ;)

Hi All…………Help….

I'm having some trouble with either my SkyMaxx Pro or my Saab 340 A, not sure. I just bought both products, 12-8-2013.

I installed the SkyMaxx Pro first and flew around with it for a day or so with the XP Cessna 172SP……SkyMaxx Pro worked great, no issues.

The next day I installed the Sabb 340A and it seems that the installation went ok, said it was successful but when I start up x-plane, the Saab is now on the screen, I get a window that just keeps pumping out "IPC-DRM-Fail SilverLining.Clouds" messages. Their are no longer any clouds in the sky and I can't close the window. The err count climbs into the thousands if I don't close x-plane.

I've done a couple of successful quick starts for the plane, seems ok but I feel their are other issues that may be at hand. Since I'm just starting the learning curve for this plane I'll assume lack of user knowledge with better times ahead.

Even before doing a quick start I get the SkyMaxx Pro err message window, can't close it.

Sent a message off to x-Aviation but got no reply so I'm hoping for some direction from this group. Does this sound like a SkyMaxx Pro/SAAB 340A conflict??

What kind of logs/data/info do I need to pull together to isolate my problem??

Thanks in advance, regards,……………. baudrate43

screen.tiff

AJ,

No, Gizmo is universally the same, so install as you please. If you run into issues, see below text...

The next day I installed the Sabb 340A and it seems that the installation went ok, said it was successful but when I start up x-plane, the Saab is now on the screen, I get a window that just keeps pumping out "IPC-DRM-Fail SilverLining.Clouds" messages. Their are no longer any clouds in the sky and I can't close the window. The err count climbs into the thousands if I don't close x-plane.

Re-install SkyMaxx Pro.

baudrate43, on 13 Dec 2013 - 08:24 AM, said:snapback.png

Re-install SkyMaxx Pro.

Thanks Cameron,  I re-installed and the SkyMaxx Pro is working great. 

baudrate43

Gentlemen,

Well, it is time for AJ to apologize. :blink:

As I mentioned above, I  reinstalled Saab 340 A on fresh XP installation with just minimal plugins I do have to have for flying for VAs.

After that I reinstalled SkyMaxx Pro.

I did not want to make any post until I was absolutely sure that all was working fine.

I flew LES Saab 340 A for several hours now, many flights well over an hour and ALL worked fine.

The only thing I was not able to achieve was to play recorded XP video using external view.

Other that that ALL works fine. :D

Frame rate was in the worst cases around 18 FPS and for the most part of the flights was around 21 FPS.

When the update comes up and developers can squeeze few more FPS, it will great.

I do not feel totally bad reporting problems in the past but I assume that they might have been caused by too much "trash" in XP installation that was making things as I reported in the past.

At this point I am decent enough to apologize in public to all LES Team. :o

Cameron, Goran, JIm and Ben, I am sorry to report "problems" in the past that had to be caused by my XP setup.

I am enjoying now my "new" Saab waiting for the upgrade which will make it even better accordingly to Cameron's corresponding post. :)

I made a short video from the fragments of the flights I made. Enjoy.

Cheers, AJ  ;)

• Upvote 2