SkymaxxPro new features request

flydav

The only "problem" I have with SkyMaxx Pro is that I always wonder if I should fly offline and set my weather to whatever I like or to fly on VATSIM. :D

I used to fly on VATSIM all the time 32 bit , then had a long break until 64 bit became available, now I can fly 64 bit on VATSIM but seeing these great clouds is so tempting that I might just go offline for a bit.  :)

For me, the two main advantages of having SkyMaxx Pro is lack of that famous "grey screen of death" and  presence of cloud dynamics, awesome.

Yes, I do experience a bit of a hiccup when the weather loads but as far as I remember it was also present without SMP so it is all good.

Cheers, AJ  ;)

REX for XP10 has been confirmed :D it will be awesome!

Mmm yes...more than one year ago if I'm not wrong...

I remember at the same time I also annunced to my parents I'll be dad soon...or later...and they are still waiting...

I doubt REX for x-plane will be available soon...or at least not before another 1000 add-ons for prepar3d are realized. So I think the best is to enjoy SMP now!!! And may be trying to improve it.

At the moment i agree with the fact the developers could at least start thinking about something like NOAA weather INCLUDED in the SMP plugin, so we can remove python and bla bla bla...and then, may be, if is possible, a better weather injector...

Sent from Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

I remember at the same time I also annunced to my parents I'll be dad soon...or later...and they are still waiting...

I doubt REX for x-plane will be available soon...or at least not before another 1000 add-ons for prepar3d are realized. So I think the best is to enjoy SMP now!!! And may be trying to improve it.

At the moment i agree with the fact the developers could at least start thinking about something like NOAA weather INCLUDED in the SMP plugin, so we can remove python and bla bla bla...and then, may be, if is possible, a better weather injector...

Sent from Tapatalk

You are sooooo right!!!  ;)

• Upvote 1

Sent from Tapatalk

+1

I only use real weather and I'm never able to see the cirrus, with or without Skymaxxpro. Only with NOAA plugin I was able for the first time to see those clouds in my X plane, and I'm wondering if there is any chance that SMP could force a cirrus layer at an altitude selectable from the UI? I'm not making stuff up, there was a weather program that I used with MSFS back in those days that had this option and was very cool.

Just asking... :)

• Upvote 3

Wow.  Here we have a great program: Skymaxx Pro 1.1 - and many are wishing for 'even more' features.  I have to say it- just getting rid of the grey wall of death was worth every penny of Skymaxx cost.  The beautiful clouds are simply a bonus!

I am not in love with REX.  I used to fly FSX, and even with Rex Essential HD OD, the clouds were not 'all that' and a bag of Tostitos.  IMHO, they looked kinda wrong where the clouds intersected the mountains.  Nothing is perfect, but I am firmly in the 'happy camper' category with Skymaxx Pro.

• Upvote 3

SMP it's not soooo much great as you said. It is a great inprovement in X-Plane weather render engine, but It's still absolutely not perfect and there are still some problems...and there is much room for improvements. I think that, for the price, the developers MUST add new features and solve step by step all the problems found during those days of "public testing". I'm not an unsatisfied customer, but I'm expecting progressive updates and enhancements in near future.

• Upvote 1

SMP it's not soooo much great as you said.
But it IS as great as he said! Do you know why? Because that's his opinion! The same goes for your opinion and not being so great. Each person will be satisfied at a much different level, and lets face it, you are one of the toughest to satisfy of everyone here. You've been "Mad" Mat up until the 1.1 release anyhow, so I wasn't exactly expecting a miracle turnaround in attitude from you just yet. ;)
I think that, for the price, the developers MUST add new features and solve step by step all the problems found during those days of "public testing".
I would be willing to say that if we left things how they were today, based on overwhelming compliments and feedback, over 98% of customers would say that, for the price, this product meets or exceeds their expectations. I'm very confident in that. I know for you it does not meet it just yet, but that's not the point I am trying to make. In reality, you have to remember we have a much broader reach than just "you" as a person. That said, we are very interested and open to hearing everyone's concerns and we have taken notes throughout.
I'm not an unsatisfied customer, but I'm expecting progressive updates and enhancements in near future.
And you'll definitely get such! This is an ever-evolving, exciting product, and this response/post is here to remind you that "you" are not always everyone and to be mindful of others' preferences or feelings. What you may like, others may not, and likewise, what they may like, you may not. None-the-less, SkyMaxx Pro is nowhere near done with features being rolled out, and we're really excited to bring you version 1.2. It's got some great stuff in it! :)

Ha! So may be people critic like me could be one of the reason for a developer to keep on the good work. I know I was and I am a bit too critic, expecially for the price but uh...in my country money is starting to be a bit more important than in past years...economy looks very bad here...and this christmas reflects this situation! Sorry...

Have a nice christmas.

• Upvote 1

Ha! So may be people critic like me could be one of the reason for a developer to keep on the good work.

This is very true, however, it's how you say it that matters most. There's a difference between criticism with a negative tone and constructive criticism. ;)

I hope your Christmas goes well, Mat! It's a time to be with family and friends above all, so if possible, do so. :)

• Upvote 1

There's a weird disconnect between the physical world and the real world.

In the real world, you make a decision to pay your money based on exactly what you get in that moment. Not a bit more. EVERYTHING more costs extra. All service, all addons, all upgrades. EVERYTHING costs more.

In the digital world, people have this insane expectation of ridiculously low pricing and bend-over-backwards to send ourselves broke service with free upgrades, free extras, free addons.

You already payed your money based on what was offered at the time you decided to pay your money.

Anything more beyond bug fixes for things we could not forsee is icing on the cake, we are in no way obligated to provide you with endless free extras, no matter what the price that was asked.

Perhaps it's because the internet has reduced the playing field to the point where a market-stall hand crafted goods merchant appears to be basically the same thing as a multi million dollar company, it all boils down to a website at the moment.

Look deeper.