Documentation Request

timdickson

First.....congratulations on creating a fabulous simulation.

Please could you consider;

--using the tab key on the chapter list after the title page of the systems manual. Differentiating the sections by colour/ bold text is fine but would be helped further by laterally offsetting the type ie. tab. The systems document as a whole is great but this list is difficult to use. Even better would be having the document broken down so that you can use the PDF index to jump to a particular section. Jumping around a reference document is what I generally do rather than a straight read through.

--can the Vref speeds be placed (or at least their position referenced) somewhere more prominent . This essential info is buried p29-30 "Charts" document.

--please please can you provide checklists. The virtual checklist is great for initially learning where everything is but I prefer to use printed out lists when flying. Ideally concise and expanded. With the level of detail in this aircraft it cries out for a good quality expanded checklist; that is one with notes as to why your doing something / tips from real pilots. eg when the engines are starting which of the engine instruments should I check first fuel flow engine temp oil pressure ?

Thanks again for a great aircraft

• 3 weeks later...

Jim,

I have the printed Checklist in front of me.

I was looking very hard but I can not find anything about turning MAIN INV on. 

I am not sure but maybe it was already reported here, there is also nothing about it in electronic checklist.

I am sorry if it was already discussed but I was learning SAAB recently a lot and it just caught my attention so I thought I ask here.

Cheers, AJ 

Jim,

I have the printed Checklist in front of me.

I was looking very hard but I can not find anything about turning MAIN INV on. 

I am not sure but maybe it was already reported here, there is also nothing about it in electronic checklist.

I am sorry if it was already discussed but I was learning SAAB recently a lot and it just caught my attention so I thought I ask here.

Cheers, AJ 

AJ,

You are correct… the standard and expanded checklists do not have anything relating to the Main Inverter switch.  But the Electrical Power-Up procedure does… here ya go...

ElecPwrUp_Cklist.pdf

• 2 weeks later...