A Silly "Unrealistic" Option for Stopping the Props

wcschulz3

Hi guys,

I continue to love flying the Saab (now in Skymaxx skies!).

However, I generally don't have a ton of time when I fly, and I like to cherry-pick bad weather, high wind conditions.

This combination is difficult, because it means I like to use auto-start (not realistic), but can't due to the high winds rotating the props.

My solution is to start with "uniform weather" with no winds...auto start the Saab, then load real wx.

Is there any easy "option" fix to allow me to stop the props in any setting (even though the A-models didn't have this feature).

By the way, in real life, how did airlines deal with this on windy days--did they have guys hand-braking the props?

Thanks!

Bill

Hi guys,

I continue to love flying the Saab (now in Skymaxx skies!).

However, I generally don't have a ton of time when I fly, and I like to cherry-pick bad weather, high wind conditions.

This combination is difficult, because it means I like to use auto-start (not realistic), but can't due to the high winds rotating the props.

My solution is to start with "uniform weather" with no winds...auto start the Saab, then load real wx.

Is there any easy "option" fix to allow me to stop the props in any setting (even though the A-models didn't have this feature).

By the way, in real life, how did airlines deal with this on windy days--did they have guys hand-braking the props?

Thanks!

Bill

Bill,

Prop PRM really isn't the issue.  It's the N1 value that restricts the auto-start.  We need to do this to make sure the engines have "settled down" prior to an engine start.  I don't have a better solution at the moment.

As for "real life"... well... they don't have Auto-Start  :P ... so they don't have this problem to contend with.

• Upvote 2

It's not a very hard plane to start up, plus you will get more enjoyment out of it. Just don't go try to sneek into your local airport afterwards and try to start real SAAB's  and compare it to the sim.. they tend to frown on that for some reason. 

LOL!

I did a manual start this AM, and it was fine.  Still take a little longer than I have sometimes, but now I have three (two) ways to start in windy conditions!

Looking forward to 1.1 release

B