[SOLVED] Saab 340A brakes

Vinny003

Hi, guys!

I've been having some problems with the brakes on the Saab. What happened is after I land, go to reverse thrust to come to a complete stop, I apply the parking brakes, the parking brakes works, but when I get out of reverse thrust, the airplane starts moving even with the parking brakes on. Anyone have this issue? Thanks!

Cheers,

Vincent

Hi, JGregory!

I still have a brake problem even when using the park brake. When I move the condition levers from the start detent to the unfeather detent with the park brake on, the Saab 340A still moves even with the park brake on. Very strange.

Cheers,

Vincent

Sorry Vinny, this has NEVER happened to me and no one else is reporting this as a problem.   There must be something else going on here but you have not given us enough details.  Screenshots or videos would be very helpful.

• 2 months later...

I have exactly the same problem several times with version 1.1. I don't remember it happening with the original version. The brakes ( regular and maximum effort ) work fine prior to takeoff but after landing and using reverse thrust I have neither regular or maximum effort brakes. The lever on the left panel is extending and retracting when applied, so it is not a switch problem on my joystick. When at maximum the parking brake indicator on the annunciator panel comes on. The hydraulic pressure is between 180-200. The runway is clean and dry so it is not sliding on ice.

I will try to take another flight tonight but not use reverse thrust after landing to see if that has an effect on it. The only way to stop is use reverse thrust again. as soon as you put the throttle back to ground idle and the props change pitch it starts rolling again even with the parking break applied.

Hopefully, someone has a solution

Hi again

I did another flight and did not use reverse thrust on landing and could not stop at the end of the runway. I was slowed to around 40 Knots but the brakes did nothing. I did notice that during the flight if I pressed the brake or handbrake that the handbrake lever did not move. But when I landed it did move when brakes were applied but did not work.

The gauge that I was reading the Hyd pressure from is on the centre console above the throttle labeled HYD. QTY Cu.In. I just noticed the other two below that one, but I have to go and am shut down now. When I am back I will do another flight and check the other two gauges. Hope this helps

Thanks