Sky Color Add-ons (links etc.)

hdonner

(from the manual) . . .

Sky Colors

This is one of the most subjective topics I have seen in the X-Plane community. With SkyMAXX Pro, you have the ability to install as many different sky colors sets as you would like. Once installed, they will show up in the user interface and be selectable. There are many freeware options out there already. Find the sky set that appeals to you. 

Anybody have links to other Sky Color sets?

Edited by hdonner

BTW what motivated this link was, I did just that, and loaded about 5 different sky color folders based on an X-Plane org search. The very first one I attempted to load, crashed SkyMaxx and X-Plane. I actually had to rebuild my X-Plane resources just to get X-Plane to run. SkyMaxx loaded strange transparent files into X-Plane which X-Plane was quite unhappy with, i.e. would not run.

So . . . To rephrase, does anyone know of any sky color sets that are compatible with SkyMaxx? Incomplete color sets don't work.

Thanks much in advance.

You should have these files included in each folder from X-Plane10/Resources/plugins/silverlining/skyColors/ :

Say the new sky color folder inside this directory is called I dunno SkyX, the SkyX folder should have this file structure:

sky_colors_clean

sky_colors_foggy

sky_colors_hazy

sky_colors_hialt

sky_colors_mount

sky_colors_ocast

sky_colors_snowy

sky_colors_socked

sky_colors_stratus

if some of those are missing you can add the missing PNG's from another package to make it work.....

This will fix the problem of SkyMAXX crashing........I also think I need to add a more detailed description in the documentation ;)

Thanks for pointing this out.......

• 1 year later...