Tasmanian

MU-2 brakes bug

Hi there,

I don't know if this is documented or not, but there's a problem with the MU-2's brakes.

To replicate, turn on the Gear/Brakes data output. By default B and V toggle instantly between 50%, 100% and 0% brakes, but the MU-2 applies a gradual change (very nice!) so it's doing something here. But if you hit the V and B keys randomly a few times, there's a way it falls into a mode where pressing B goes between 25% and 75% - the brakes don't release, they're locked on.

Using the brake handle in the 3D cockpit doesn't help.

A workaround is to hit V to release the brakes completely, then only use B after that. But there's a bug in the maths here!

Thanks for a really nice plane.

A few hours in her now. Seems once I've run through the start-up with in-cockpit parking brakes released and ready to roll, a single tap of the 'V' does the trick. As far as complaints I've heard about the too-fast taxi, just nudge the power levers back into the beta range a hair and you can leave them alone until you're cleared to line up.

I must say, I am very *very* impressed with this MU2.

Regards,

Kent

Hi guys, sorry I haven't sounded off here in a bit.   I am a bit focused on the 737 at the moment and watching the MU2 take a bit of a back seat is a bummer.  I do know about the brake bug, haven't been able to get my brain into that code base for a while...changing gears is difficult and the 737 is on a tight timeline.  The bug isn't lost on me and I will dig into it just as soon as I can get this pesky 737 to the next reststop.  The brake bug manifests itself (IIRC)  mostly AFTER you have gotten a successful release per procedure....so you see it more when you land and try to take off again.  

And I can confirm, the real MU-2 requires frequent beta/reverse to keep taxi speeds under control....most turboprops do actually.  I think Austin said his evolution will make it up to 60 kts at idle in the prop governing regime.

-tkyler

Tom,

looking forward for the iXEG 737!!!

Meanwhile, just a THUMBS UP, regarding how beautifully and harmonious your MU-2J feels now that the "torque bug" has been fixed...

Tom,

looking forward for the iXEG 737!!!

Meanwhile, just a THUMBS UP, regarding how beautifully and harmonious your MU-2J feels now that the "torque bug" has been fixed...

Good to read the torque has been affected a bit to the good with 10.45.

Will certainly fly it again.

Wished the transponder bug could be resolved soon...

Hey guys, thats' good to hear...I haven't even tried it yet!   This IXEG thing-a-ma-jig is a bit all encompassing.    A bit of good news...my experiences on the 737 make the original MU2 work look stupid trivial...and when I get back to that thing in a bit, I hope to bring more stability and goodies to it!  Thanks for being patient.

-tkyler