MFD Map Scale Incorrect

hawkeye

For some reason i have just noticed that the map scale is not correct.  I have not noticed this before, but in checking distnces to airport markers on the MFD map against the local map in the sim, the MFD map is way off.  For example, an airpot shows on the MFD to be ~ 8 miles away but is really more than 20 miles away.

I am running x-plane 10.25. I have the 1.5.1 update. I am using the new HD V2 Scenery - i suspect this is where the issue is becuase i have not noticed this before.  None of my other planes have this issue with the HD scenery.

Hawkeye

Edited by hawkeye

For some reason i have just noticed that the map scale is not correct.  I have not noticed this before, but in checking distnces to airport markers on the MFD map against the local map in the sim, the MFD map is way off.  For example, an airpot shows on the MFD to be ~ 8 miles away but is really more than 20 miles away.

I am running x-plane 10.25. I have the 1.5.1 update. I am using the new HD V2 Scenery - i suspect this is where the issue is becuase i have not noticed this before.  None of my other planes have this issue with the HD scenery.

Hawkeye

Hawkeye,

I am unable to reproduce this issue and no one else has reported it.  

See the screenshots attached... I put the aircraft at airport 7NY0, then set the range so it shows 10nm at the compass rose.  You will note that airport KMSV is exactly on the compass rose ring, therefore it is 10nm from 7NY0.  When I look at this on the local map it shows KMSV to be exactly 10nm from 7NY0. This was done with the HD mesh. So, it appears that everything is working as it should. 

post-213-0-62650600-1385765830_thumb.png

post-213-0-05580800-1385765837_thumb.png

Edited by JGregory

• 3 months later...

I have the same problem about 50% of the time I start up the Corvalis.  The MFD GPS waypoints and airports appear on a different scale from the land masses.  The waypoints appear about 1/5 as far away as they should.  The only solution I've found is to close X-Plane and re-open.  I have the latest version.    

I'll try to attach a screenshot.  The plane is over PHNL Honolulu on course to PHOG Maui.  Notice the airports are on a different magnification scale from the landmass.  

attachicon.gifmalfunction.png

I have been unable to recreate this problem.  Below is a screenshot of the Corvalis at the same position PHNL. Everything is aligned as expected.  Since this problem is intermittent I have no solution at this time.  I will continue to look into this.  If you can recreate this issue on a consistent basis, please let me know the steps to take.

post-213-0-94378000-1395953180_thumb.png