Mesh Tool help request

whiskeyportal

I just downloaded the newest version of MeshTool in hopes of converting some of my water databases into X-Plane scenery. Problem I'm having is that there is no goo manual for this tool that I can find. I see that it's a command line program, so I'm assuming that I simply drap and drop my .shp files into the program? What attributes do I need in my .dbf so that it'll know what I want it to do?

Does anyone know of a good tutorial or a walk through so I can get my feet wet? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

It's quite a bit more complex.

I'm not at a computer to create a tutorial, but in short you need to feed command line info to the app, and you need to get elevation source data to cut a whole new tile. You cannot simply use a shp file because MeshTool needs to literally cut into mesh data you feed it for the water to get placed.

Also keep in mind that MeshTool cuts version 9 style dsf tiles. It won't look like a smooth transition in 10.

I have DEM data at 1/2 arc second I could throw in it along with my lakes. That's really too bad that XPX is so limited. I'll keep on my search for materials on how to do it to test it on a state. V9 survey grade water is better than what XPX is offering IMO.

Edit:

Even if I export my .shp files into OSM format I can't use them in XPX?

Edited by whiskeyportal

• 2 months later...