Overcast

Daikan

I get some variations from these 3 settings, some users have had to do some housekeeping on X-Plane prior to an install of SkyMAXX.  Have you given this a try yet?  And if you can provide some comparisons that would be most helpful.... 

SMP (+Gizmo) are the only plugins I'm running right now and by reading what others had to say about it, I guess that's good enough in terms of "housekeeping", right?

As I said, last time I checked I didn't notice any (qualitative) difference whatsoever using different overcast quality settings together with the mentioned XP weather settings. I can see if I can post some screenshots later today but perhaps it would be better if you could tell me what exactly I should be looking out for? E.g. what do you mean by "some variation"? Increased number of puffs? View distance? Haze? Layers?

I did all the tests, nothing changed...well...I have to accept that running X-Plane in full detail with this plugin it's not possible. Period. Hope the plugin will be fixed and tweaked in future.

Thanks for trying, Mat. Not sure what else to say here. We have an overwhelming amount of compliments coming in through emails and various forums, and we're trying our best to say thanks to these people who have been kind enough to take the time and write in.

Hopefully in time we can satisfy you. I guess now is just not that time. Cheers!

Well...may be i found part of the problem. I did something I had never done before...reverting to previous driver (NVIDIA GTX 680 4 Gb with 327.23 WHQL) gave a little boost in performances but also much better visual quality. Not a miracle but acceptable. The latest NVIDIA drivers (331 series) were absolutely not reliable and I can suppose that if I do a research I'll found some better optimized driver for OpenGL...

Okay, so here you can browse through some screenshots for comparison of Low, Med and High overcast quality:

http://imgur.com/a/uVX00/

The cloud settings were the same and are visible in the last screenshot. The pictures were taken at an altitude of 5372 ft, so that's right inside the stratus layer. My rendering settings are the same as mentioned in the OP.

Is this really what I'm supposed to see?

• 2 weeks later...

John, can I make a request that you, or someone in your group, generate listing of what is to be expected from every tick box and slider in the configuration utility? Some elements when ticked, or use of the sliders, do not seem to do anything visually evident. This would be of great use to myself and, I'm sure, al lot of others.

Any assistance here would be of a great service.

Best Regards & Happy Holidays to all.

John J Lutz

John, can I make a request that you, or someone in your group, generate listing of what is to be expected from every tick box and slider in the configuration utility? Some elements when ticked, or use of the sliders, do not seem to do anything visually evident. This would be of great use to myself and, I'm sure, al lot of others.

Any assistance here would be of a great service.

Best Regards & Happy Holidays to all.

John J Lutz

That's exactly why the manual exists as a free download on the product page, as well as in your install. :)