SkyMaxx Pro Released!

Cameron

"There has been an error. Installer payload initialization failed. This is likely due to an incomplete or corrupt downloaded file."

Hey, Geof,

First, we're always happy to reset these downloads, so no worries there. Use the contact form on XA if you ever need that.

As for the error you are receiving, I rarely see this one, but when I do it's on Windows and usually solved by using an alternate unzip solution. Let me know if that works out for you.

Out of curiosity, what did you use to just unzip, and what are you running OS wise?

First, we're always happy to reset these downloads, so no worries there. Use the contact form on XA if you ever need that.

Err... I had a bad experience one asking for the Oahu link to be reset ... I actually had to re-pay for it ( which I didn't do of course )

Back on topic same here worse perfs for me too, maybe I have to play with values a little bit

Err... I had a bad experience one asking for the Oahu link to be reset ... I actually had to re-pay for it ( which I didn't do of course )

RealScenery products do not qualify. This is well known.

All other products are free of charge for link re-activation, and always have been. This is nothing new for years now.

Hm, Thought I read that performance was better with skymaxx, performance is way worse for me.

Sorry, I didn't see this post!

Okay, first thing you should do is open up the UI. Grab the manual here if you haven't.

Please mess with your config settings. We purposefully put crepuscular rays at a relatively high level, which can be demanding on GPU. I would start with this one toned down, and adjust from there until you find your happy spot. There's a lot of options to get you where you want, but I can tell you without doubt from a cloud/sky to cloud/sky comparison minus the rays with default X-Plane, SkyMaxx wins on performance for me every single time.

Some more feedback:

First it's still awwwweeeesoooommeee!!!!!!

I'm so happy that I can run SkyMaxx Pro, because I have a rather weak PC.

And yes, overall better frames than with the default cloud system.

And I highly appreciate the overcast setting ''low'', this gives me exactly what I want,

a solid cloud layer, which is easy on fps.

Also to see the clouds move and change their shape is pure awesomeness.

Not to forget the great skycolors!

Simply put,

SkyMaxx is a Must Have!

Cheers,

Marcus

post-9556-0-94194800-1385317877_thumb.jppost-9556-0-26210700-1385319725_thumb.jp

post-9556-0-19585800-1385319759_thumb.jppost-9556-0-91983200-1385319778_thumb.jp