Unable to change date & time in X-Plane

N206LG

After pulling down the environment menu option to set the dat and time I get the dialog that allows one to select the time and date using sliders. Unfortunately I can't un-check the check-box that locks x-plane to the current date and time. I assume that this setting is stored on the disk somewhere in a configuration file. Can someone tell me how to get around this apparent bug in x-plane?

N206LG

That's strange, never had or heard of this "bug". What version of X-Plane are you running? Any plugins running?

The X-Plane "config file" is stored in ressources/preferences (if I remember correctly - not on my flightsim machine right now...)

There are a couple of files in that folder and you should just delete the one called preferences.prf.

But you should run the updater before you do that - it might fix this without deleting anything.

Cheers

Flo

Edited by FloB

I've heard of this issue (where XP refuses to allow you to deselect the 'lock to date and time').

As I recall, It stems from enabling some type of 3rd party system (like Xavion) within the XP10 preferences. You may want to look into other areas of your general preferences - else, Yes, a complete deletion of the prefs may be in order.

- CK.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...