Saab 340A missing knob "SELECT"

wieteskaz

Hi I just buy your new Saab 340A and it's really great bird but I've find out that on Display Control Panel is missing one knobe: SELECT knob. Without this gauge I can't set nav source for LRN1 and fly with xfmc. For example CL-300 for xplane don't have FMC but have possibility to set LNAV mode on display. On the first WIP screenshot'sI saw that there was SELECT knob http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/2944/grab261.jpg What's happend with this ?

P.S 

Sorry for my poor english

Best Regards

Peter Wieteska

Can I in this case take my cash back ? On your page write's "Simulated EHSI and EADI CRT displays" and also "Accurately simulated switches, logic, and gauges" In this case I feel cheated. And if you already talking about the manual, systems manual, page 202 says: "SELECT - Rotary switch used to select navigation sources for display on the EHSI (i.e. VOR/ILS and

RNAV)." So why you write about something in manual when it's isn't modeled in aircraft ?

Peter,

Everything you have made in bold is true and accurate per our marketing presented to you. This aircraft is simulated just as the one in real life, so given that, no, a refund is not in order and I am confused as to how you could possibly feel cheated.

Thanks for mentioning page 202. This looks to be an oversight on my part after late nights of writing the manual and distinguishing the A vs B variant. This will be corrected.

In the meantime the flight tutorial manual perfectly illustrates how to fly this aircraft just as they do in the real world.

Peter,

LRN1 is a function of RNAV, which just as in real life, the Saab 340A is not equipped with. Since the real aircraft does not have this we do not simulate it.

I do not have any experience with the FMC plugin you are using, so I'm not sure what alternative measures you can take here. Perhaps setting a button on your joystick to X-Plane's command dataref for this will work, but I honestly have no clue.

Show me a Saab 340A without FMS, most of the Saab's 340A have FMC for example all Sprint Air Saab's 340A have FMC.

Peter,

I cannot vouch for Sprint. I have never been in their aircraft.

What I can tell you is I have sat in the jumpseat of many Saab 340s over the years and have never seen an FMC in any of them except for the B variant. Some A's had added GPS (like a 530), but that's as far as it went.

You can certainly look up images on the Internet. Out of the factory, Saab never sold an A with such hardware, and that's a fact. :)

Show me a Saab 340A without FMS, most of the Saab's 340A have FMC for example all Sprint Air Saab's 340A have FMC. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's a Sprint Air video dating 26.04.2013 and I don't see an FMC.

Pic: http://www.airplane-pictures.net/photo/271823/ur-cgq-sprint-air-saab-340/

Edited by ktomais
  • Upvote 1