Carenado KingAir C90B is here!

pryoski

I love Turboprops. Period.

That said, I've said before that I have an irrational attraction to the Beechcraft KingAir C90B ... heck, I love any KingAir, and it's with this mind-set that I see the Carenado KingAir.

It is beautiful to look at and also beautiful to fly. It feels right to me and takes suspension of believe to that warm and fuzzy zone for me.

Systems wise it's complex enough so that there is a real feeling of being involved with the airplane in flight; Carenado/Dan have done a very good job with this one ... I would easily put it on par with the MU-2 and the JS32 ... credit where credit is due.

If you love turboprops you should get this airplane.

• Upvote 2

Yes Kris I 100% agree with you, Carenado keeps raising the bar and so Daniel Klaue is doing his best !

I agree with you with the systems, about everything works like it should, at least what needs to be done in a sim ! Avidyne, fuel system etc etc

I flew it all night long now I'm so tired you can't even imagine ... I haven't had so much pleasure in X-Plane for a while to be honest !

• Upvote 1

I agree with you with the systems, about everything works like it should, at least what needs to be done in a sim ! Avidyne, fuel system etc etc

Can you give some details on the systems? It sounds as if the C90 has more systems depth than previous Carenado aircraft? How detailed is it really?

How is the Avidyne done? Is it custom-made? (Maybe simply post a high-res screenshot of it.)

Hey Mario,

I'm not a C90 expert but all switch are functional ( not sure if all of them works but features such overspeed gov test etc are useless in sim ). I like this idea as if a real pilot use it as a training aid, it still can follow real world checklist and click those maybe dummy switches.

The fuel system looks to be fully operational, same for autopilot and nav systems, as well as de-ice systems.

Regarding Avidyne, I posted below shots of all of its page, nothing really interesting I would say but it is here ! It features an integrated TCAS system, and display all AI flying around ( you won't see them in those screens as I didn't loaded any AI planes ). About the " Radar ", don't know if it's a Weather radar or just the display of traffic nearby in a better size than main page.

For flight dynamics, as usual, Carenado made the choice to have very easy planes to handle, and so is looking for that " fly on rails " behavior... this is why I had to add almost ten degrees of control surface deflections in PM for almost all controls ...

Overall, the 3D and texture is top notch, as we're always used to, but I would add on this last plane they put a particular effort on everything ... circuit breaker panel isn't just a blurry texture but all breakers are in 3D and text is crystal clear.

Night light effect is dramatic ! Custom coded strobe lights, really nice from external views. All parts are accurately modeled ( landing gear, flaps, trim tabs, prop blades etc etc ) and reflections on the spinner are always breathtaking !

chh7.png
pqjz.png
gx7j.png
esj4.png
3poo.png
y2gm.png
qwb0.png
x9ze.png
jfxw.png
ggst.png
nnuj.png
oph1.png
6ex9.png
fyyv.png
7824.png
kmch.png
lj8h.png
a7vv.png

• Upvote 2

For flight dynamics, as usual, Carenado made the choice to have very easy planes to handle, and so is looking for that " fly on rails " behavior... this is why I had to add almost ten degrees of control surface deflections in PM for almost all controls ...

I guess I don't understand exactly what you're trying to do.  Are you creating settings, that make it so you have to hold pressure on the yoke, to remain level?  If so, then why?

Afterall, people actually pay good money to have aircraft re-rigged, in order to get rid of as much drag as possible, and the annoyance of holding constant pressures against the flight surfaces.

Or maybe I'm just getting the wrong impression, of what your trying to accomplish.

No LA it's always useful to ask ! As english is not my main language I have often hard times trying to express what I really mean...

Anyway, I just said that for example, when in level flight at cruise speed, applying full left aileron will have in real life a much more quick and big roll movement than what it does in-sim. I have never flown any King Air but even their C152 which I know well IRL suffers from that, and I have the same " low control travel " feeling with any of them. Others add ons or default feels right to me regarding handling at least.

This is why I increased the values in ° for control surface deflections in PM

Hope I answered