Saab 340 low-res and Saab340 high-res

Leen de Jager

Question.

I would like to have a  High-res-install of the Saab 340  AND a Low-res-install of the Saab 340 side by side in my X-Aviation directory.

Making paints (non flying) I must use the High-Res install.

BUT there are moments when I just want to fly (better said TRY to fly) and then my old rig says , give me low res.

In other words :

How do I install the Saab twice , low AND high?

ps

I know, I can save an install and re-install in another resolution and place the saved one besides the new install.
Is there a less complicated solution?

And if not , give it a thought?

Edited by Leen de Jager

Sorry my bad english ...

I mean:

I wonder if there is a painting of lower resolution for Saab 340. If there is, where can I find this painting of low resolution.

Thank you!

Julio,

The installer will auto-install the correct version for your computer if you selected your correct video card during the install process.

Hello Cameron,

I also wanted to install a second low-res version. I followed the instructions that you gave Leen on the forum. I ensured there was no like-named S340 install, and no uninstaller in the folder.  However, the installer refuses to complete an install.  Each time, during the install process, I get the message "Unable to download component Saab Cargo (or Passenger etc): Component file version does not match."

If I click "Retry" it hangs at the same spot. If I click "Ignore" it appears to load the aircraft.  I do get the main aircraft version folders but those folders contain only the Objects folder (with only the image files - no objects). There are no other files installed except the Livery Manager, Livery Folder (with liveries) and the Manuals (all image files).  It does not provide a text file that would give me a clue as to what is happening.

It does put a new uninstall file in the proper place.

The Objects folder and Liveries do contain what appears to be the low-res images (comparing to the high res file sizes).

I tried a complete uninstall, and then a new install but it does the same as described above.

If I am doing something wrong I can't find it.  Is there something else I can try?

I'm using a Mac with OS 10.9.

Guys,

I really don't recommend this on a wide scale. Leen makes sense because he's working on Liveries for both versions all the time.

Doing this WILL break your upgrade path in the future to the extent it will not be a smooth process for you (and 1.1 is right around the corner).

This is just a solution for someone who is developing like Leen.

Guys,

I really don't recommend this on a wide scale. Leen makes sense because he's working on Liveries for both versions all the time.

Ok, and what is the official way to switch? My Graphic card had an identity crises and no longer wants to be called ATI but NVidia, its Version Number (5870) lost 5100 while its memory is now four times higher.. Simply delete the directory and restart the installer when the new Version is available, or something different?

Ok, and what is the official way to switch? My Graphic card had an identity crises and no longer wants to be called ATI but NVidia, its Version Number (5870) lost 5100 while its memory is now four times higher.. Simply delete the directory and restart the installer when the new Version is available, or something different?

The official way is to uninstall and reinstall.