Froogle agrees XP is the future. And....

scotchegg

I do appreciate that side of the argument.

When I was in my early 20's I visited a friend of mine who worked for a very large Australian print magazine.

He made it very clear that whichever company sent in the most free stuff and payed for the most "business trips" and purchased the most advertising "got the best reviews".

I've never really given a toss about what a review has to say about product after that. 

Common opinion matters. Reviewers do not. Sorry, that's the economic reality we live in.

• Downvote 1

The point is (which this Froogle chap doesn't seem to get), is that he's an FSX guy, not an X-Plane guy. So, he's just a random blogger asking for free content. As he says, FSX is running out of steam, so he want to keep his blog going by switching to X-Plane. Fair enough, but he should try joining a forum or two (like here), make a few contributions, and make himself known first. IMHO.

• Upvote 4

Maybe after he invests a couple of weeks into his tutorial and introduction videos his opinion will matter more.

Why?

Because he has 15,000 MSFS subscribes. Potential customers, yes. Sure, but they're still a million miles from being real customers.

Why?

Because habits are hard to break.

$50 for an aircraft is nothing compared to the bitter frustration of not letting go of how you expect something to behave.

If someone sees an amazing aircraft on his VLOG and thinks OMG I HAVE TO HAVE THAT NOW..... they still have to deal with the UX turd that is X-Plane.

They will give up and become bitter and frustrated long before they ever get a chance to derive any value from the product we give to frooglesim.

A week of earning nothing but frustration when all you want to do is RELAX in that precious slice of free time will leave customers with a very bitter pill.

So, as far as I'm concerned, he can go first.

The guy takes the risk of saying publicly to his (if you're right mostly MSFS) audience, one of the biggest flightsim vlogs on the Tube that he believes it's probably time to give up on FSX and start exploring the potential of XPlane and you dismiss him as a nobody who's just trying to get free stuff to go with his $300 equipment?

That's disappointing.

• Upvote 2

Lol! Everything is marketing ... there's a lot of hoopla but eventually we'll get the 100th or thousandth monkey (whatever that tipping point number is)  ...

Truth is XP will develop @ it's own pace. It's been developing just fine and will most likely continue to do so, whether or not it's gets approval from the FSX world. 

Edited by Kris Pryo

I often go to Froogles site as I use both FSX and X-Plane. He is very good at what he does and also does reviews for  the 'PC Pilot' magazine. I think it would be great for X-Plane if he could promote it.

Addon's for X-Plane are slow at coming out and that would be one of the main reasons I keep going back to FSX. The more people we can get promoting X-Plane the better.

Cheers,

Craig

Edited by cabnz1
  • Upvote 1

Wow you guys are rough, Pete is a very good guy at promoting X-Plane. He has been flying X-Plane for a very very long time. I have also heard him defending X-Plane to some very well know FSX Devs. He is also a writer for PC Pilot.

Ben, You acting like a freaking little kid. Right now, You are no better than the jerk hammers at the .ORG at this moment.

• Upvote 6

I would be more than happy to hear this frooglesim guy out.  He comes across as a very nice guy.  Before today, I'd never even heard of him, so watching a good chunk of his videos would give me better insight into what he's all about.  The only questions I have is why did he stop at 3 developers?  Which developers did he ask and which Publishers did he ask?  

• Upvote 1