What did you fly today?

Maxime

I impulse splurged on the Alabeo Staggerwing, after seeing it on sale at the .org store.  For a total change of pace from the airliner flying I've been doing with my VA recently I decided to take the biplane for a spin.  Since I was already in the Bay Area after landing at SFO, I figured I'd fly it out of OAK and take a tour of the bay, including some nice low and slow just over the water.

96mS2w6.png

Then, what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a famous landmark!

XB6R5G5.png

And of course, this being a sim and with no one to answer to, well...  might as well.  Wouldn't you?

CF6t0Mj.png

It went perfectly, too... flaps down a notch, skimming the surface of the water just above 80.

Then I hit some sort of invisible barrier under the bridge and everything went haywire.  It would have worked, if it hadn't been for you meddling physics engines...

That plane flies wonderfully, btw.

• Upvote 1

I impulse splurged on the Alabeo Staggerwing, after seeing it on sale at the .org store.  For a total change of pace from the airliner flying I've been doing with my VA recently I decided to take the biplane for a spin.  Since I was already in the Bay Area after landing at SFO, I figured I'd fly it out of OAK and take a tour of the bay, including some nice low and slow just over the water.

Then, what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a famous landmark!

And of course, this being a sim and with no one to answer to, well...  might as well.  Wouldn't you?

It went perfectly, too... flaps down a notch, skimming the surface of the water just above 80.

Then I hit some sort of invisible barrier under the bridge and everything went haywire.  It would have worked, if it hadn't been for you meddling physics engines...

That plane flies wonderfully, btw.

If you have MisterX6's KSFO you can download a version that doesn't have the invisible barrier. The barrier is used for Marginal's traffic plugin I believe. 

Edited by Orcair