Saab 340 Paint Problem

amo63

Just purchased the wonderful Saab 340A and downloaded the paint kit.

Does anyone have the proportion difference for rear of aircraft?

The difference between the front and rear fuselage is 79 pixels and have tried 1/2 size for bottom line but it doesn't work on top lines as can be seen from attached photo.

Regards

Allan

post-12941-0-99977400-1382838747_thumb.j

There is no proportion difference between the front and middle of the fuselage, and the rear part of the fuselage. It's 1:1.

Copy and paste the exact lines from the front of the fuselage to the rear and manipulate them ( e.g. horizontally).

You just need to manually line up the lines to match, vertically.

Making a "total-fuselage" on a large 6000 sheet and making a set-up for the paint on this, cutting and pasting this to the fuselage file is an excellent method.
It gives you the opportunity to set-up the complete fuselagepaint (excellent aligned) in a short time.

Adding the vertical stabiliser to this total-fuselage makes it even more simple to get things aligned perfectly.

A total-fuselage  to set-up the paint is really fantastic.

Making the complete texture on one sheet and cut and paste the result to the individual files is the best and fastest way to make a paint.

I admit, a total-fuselage like this  AND a fuselage and tail-texture prepared to receive from it is................taking far more time than the average repaint.
AND your rig needs a huge memory.

BUT:

Having a complete landscape over the fuselage and tail................during your coffee-break.......................thats really nice.

Leen

master.jpg

Edited by Leen de Jager
  • Upvote 3

• 6 months later...

Hi, 

I'm currently trying to paint an Air Canada Express livery, based on the Beechcraft 1900.

Everything went pretty okay for the tail and fuselage, but I'm having quite a hard time repainting the wings and the engines in that blue clear tone.

When opening the .psd files for the wings and the engines with gimp, I only have two layers, one called background which contain absolutely every single detail (shadow effects, rivets, etc...), making it quite difficult to change the background color. And an other one called paint, but I have no idea what this layer does. 

Is this a problem with gimp only showing two layers, or is the paintkit supposed to be like this ? (For the fuselage and tail psd files, it seems that i have all the many different layers that are supposed to be there)

Any quick tips on how to repaint those wings and engines (I'm far from being a pro) ?

Regards,

Jonathan

mini_29583420140508115650.png

I just opened a virgin paintkit from the SAAB 340 with Photoshop. For those files there effectively only two layers or one. 

The solution is to use the paint layer to do the color using the blending technics available in Gimp (which I do not know). 

In Photoshop I use either Multiply or Overlay depending on the background and the color to be applied.

It is trial and error process that can take some time to master.

—You open de paint-kit file,

— do your coloring on the extra layer

— export the layers in one single PNG file.

Do your livery and test it in X-Plane, as the SAAB 340 is too large for Plane Maker.    

• Upvote 1