[In Progress] Things I have noticed which may or may not be bugs

Rexxxy77

Well done LES and XA. What a beautiful bird to fly.

I have read other peoples issues with the SAAB 340A and most have been resolved. Please forgive me if others have reported these issues before me.

Here are issues I have noticed. The first is the simplest, the nose gear showing through the nose wheel doors when closed and when lowering on the right hand side, as seen in the following 2 pics.

LES_Saab_340A_19_zpsd6d5a5b2.png

LES_Saab_340A_20_zpsdbdd713f.png

My 2nd issue is flap overspeed. I'll be honest and I haven't read the flap settings vs kias however I have seen them in the cockpit. Flaps 20 appears to be ok under 165kias.

At 150kias I select flaps 20 and I get a flap overspeed message and the plane starts banking to the left or right, obviously a broken flap due to overspeed.

Lastly I too have an issue with the VS wheel. I have read that others too have had this issue of not getting it to move. I understand the manipulator tech being used and it works fine on the radios. But I have tried 100's of times to get it to move and no dice... :(

Apart from those small issues, i'm a happy flier :)

Lastly I too have an issue with the VS wheel. I have read that others too have had this issue of not getting it to move. I understand the manipulator tech being used and it works fine on the radios. But I have tried 100's of times to get it to move and no dice

The VS "wheel"  is not a wheel, its a switch. You have to click, hold, and drag. Up for for Neg and down for positive.

165kias is a bit high for 20' flaps. I'm usually gear down at 150 with 7' of flaps. 140 15' flaps and 130 ish 20' (which is probably on the high end)

• Upvote 1

The VS "wheel"  is not a wheel, its a switch. You have to click, hold, and drag. Up for for Neg and down for positive.

Thats exactly what I'm doing, same as the radio knobs.

165kias is a bit high for 20' flaps. I'm usually gear down at 150 with 7' of flaps. 140 15' flaps and 130 ish 20' (which is probably on the high end)

I agree it sounds high, however thats whats written on the placard next to the flaps indicator.

Flaps  kias

7-15   175

20      165

35      140

I can select flaps 15 below 175kias no broken flaps, if I try and select flaps 20 at 150kias I break a flap, thats 15 kias slower than the placard speed for that flap setting, it should be fine. Under 140kias is fin for flaps 35 though. Just the flaps 20 overspeed number is either wrong or is set to break at too lower speed. Alternatively I'm doing something wrong, wouldn't be the first time :)

Edited by Rexxxy77