[SOLVED] Avionic black out

flydav

Yesterday I had another awesome flight but when I landed while rolling out I lost electric power and got the message "elec" followed few seconds later by "hydr" of course, I stopped the plane, didn't know what to do so I played with the battery switch a couple of times, If I recall correctly I believe I did a battery reset, and everything went back to normal like nothing happened.

It was a long flight 3 1/2 hours and everything was just perfect, no signs of anomalies whatsoever.

Edited by flydav

Can you please confirm that you did a generator reset PRIOR to your flight starting to begin with?

If this occurs again, please take a screenshot of the overhead panel before doing any resets.

Thanks,

Jim

Yes I did a generator reset but it didn't work instantaneously had to wait almost a minute. Will take a screenshot of the overhead panel.

There is a curious thing: once I parked the plane I wanted to see the replay of my landing and the blackout happened again in the video at the same time, then when I quit the video my plane was again without electric power and had to reset the generators again.

Strange behavior:  I used the auto-start function, then followed the ck-list and had no remaining lights on the overhead panel or the Emerg/Caution Panel.  All went well and climbed to 11,000 feet for a short flight.  After about 10 minutes the Main INV failed with NO indication lights anywhere and the HYD pump began to run continuously. Of course AP disconnected too…with no indication.

Jerry

After a landing - not nice, but also not too hard - the INVERTER switched itself to off, consequently my AVIONICS went black during roll-out on the runway.

I don't know what caused the inverter to switch off, but I have definitely switched it on after engine start.

I believe, this is exactly what the posters above have experienced.

Guys..  we need to be as accurate as possible when reporting these things.  

First... the inverter switch cannot move by itself.  I double checked ALL the code.. you either flip the switch to "ON" or to "OFF" manually.. nothing else is controlling this but you.

Second... the main inverter switch has NOTHING to do with the EADI or EHSI screens. Those systems are not powered by the AC system. You can verify this by using Auto-Start and when it is done you can flip the main inverter switch all day long and the screens will remain "ON".  

This is a complex airplane in real life and a complex simulation in XP.  Please make sure you read the manual and understand ALL the systems. We need accurate information to diagnose problems. And, the more detail you can provide (exact steps taken and screenshots) will get us to solutions much faster.

Jim

Lead Programmer

LES Saab 340A

Greg,

First off, I have been unable to dublicate the proiblem I had.

Second, I said nothing about moving the interverter sw.

Third,  I said nothing about the EADI or EHSI screens.

It may well have been a problem on my end as I have not had a like problem since.

Thank for a great rendition of the Saab 340.

Jerry

Greg,

First off, I have been unable to dublicate the proiblem I had.

Second, I said nothing about moving the interverter sw.

Third,  I said nothing about the EADI or EHSI screens.

It may well have been a problem on my end as I have not had a like problem since.

Thank for a great rendition of the Saab 340.

Jerry

Jerry,

I was not referring to you individually in my post.  If you read the entire thread, you will see all of those items mentioned by different people.

I don't know if I've found anything related to the Elec problems or not...but:

I ran the "Auto-Start" and then went down stairs to get a cup of coffee.  I was delayed in my return by approx 5-6 minutes after the auto start would have finished it's routine.  I noticed that the Emerg lights would NOT ARM.

On a hunch I reloaded XP and started over, using the same procedure as the first try.  I again delayed my "after start ck" about 4 minutes after the Auto Start finished, and again the Emerg Lights would NOT ARM.

On my third try I completed the after start ck immediately after the Auto Start finished, and all worked as it should.

A nice uneventful flight followed for about an hour.

I don't know if this helps, but I hope so.

Again, thanks for a great airplane.

Jerry