[Closed] Good news and very bad news XACARS does not work properly with SAAB

arb65912

Gentlemen,

The good news is that I managed to make few flights using VOR navigation and land successfully getting to know the plane.

The very bad news is that I might not be able to fly SAAB...

My XACARS window opens fine, I input data and start te flight but when I hit "Hide"  button, XACARS window stays open.

At the end of the flight when I click " View PIREP" to see it and send it, nothing happens.

I know it is not XACARS  because it happens ONLY with SAAB.

When I removed the Gizmo plugin, all went back to normal but I can not fly SAAB.

I am very sad.... any suggestions?

Cheers, AJ 

Hi Ben,

These are the URLs you requested  but they will not help you, I guess.

I spent quite a bit of time on that and here is what I have found.

1. When I load XP with aircraft any other than SAAB, XACARS does what it supposed to do, I I can click  any tabs and they open new windows , then I can close the windows at will and hide XACARS main window.

I will not describe this any more because this is just a normal XACARS behavior.

2. Problem start after I load SAAB.  :(

- I am still able to open main XACARS window

- Then I click on XACARS Preferences Tab and another window opens  ( see attached, our XACARS do not have any restrictions on the input fields so ignore my random letters input, it works with any other plane)

NOW, when I click either " Save & Exit" or "Cancel", I see the tab turning green ( not from being angry  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: )  meaning I am clicking it but the  XACARS Preferences windows stays open.

I can even open another window "View PIREP" and THAT ONE closes.

Then when I clicked "New Flight" XP froze.

2. When I exit XP with SAAB loaded, situation with XACARS repeats.

In  order to " fix" XACARS, I need to load other plane than SAAB  and exit.

THEN after I restart XP, XACARS is working again.

IF I load SAAB, the whole situation I described above just repeats.

That is the best I could describe what I have found.

Be, I hope you can find what is causing the malfunction, I really love SAAB but I need to be able to record my flights.  :)

If you need any information, just let me know, my all hopes are in you.  :)

Cheers, AJ 

Log.txt

post-1109-0-86470200-1380328626_thumb.pn

1. When I load XP with aircraft any other than SAAB, XACARS does what it supposed to do, I I can click  any tabs and they open new windows , then I can close the windows at will and hide XACARS main window.
   I will not describe this any more because this is just a normal XACARS behavior.

So basically you're saying it works with Gizmo. That de-bunks your previous theory that disabling it fixes the problem.

So basically you're saying it works with Gizmo. That de-bunks your previous theory that disabling it fixes the problem.

I did not know what is causing it THAT is why I brought out my Gizmo theory.

What I described happens only with SAAB, Gizmo might not be a problem but something IS.  :)

Edited by arb65912

I said it ONLY doesn't work with SAAB, I have many other planes and it works fine. 

I know what you said. This doesn't mean a problem doesn't exist on their end. It also doesn't mean a problem doesn't exist on ours. I asked you a direct question. Did you, or did you not let them know?

I am not trying to be a PITA, I just want to log my hours.

Understandable, except for the part where you're throwing papers into the fan where if this doesn't work, you apparently won't fly it any longer. At that point, with that attitude, it becomes a bit of a PITA, even if it's one we're actually willing to investigate for you.

Direct answer, no I did not let them know and will not, if all planes work fine but SAAB, it makes sense too look for a problem in SAAB FIRST.

Understandable, except for the part where you're throwing papers into the fan where if this doesn't work, you apparently won't fly it any longer. At that point, with that attitude, it becomes a bit of a PITA, even if it's one we're actually willing to investigate for you.

I do not see a problem with my attitude, YOU do.

I reported the problem related to a very complex but not perfect plane ( see other posts) and I am trying to get help which I am expecting from this forum as a support for payware SAAB.

I know you are tired after so much efforts put into the development but your responses are in my opinion a bit offensive.

I was nice trying to describe the problem that affects ONLY SAAB just to hear your comments about my attitude.

I am disappointed by your response and I have seen others that customers did not like as well, sarcastic to say lightly.

When a developer starts delving into "extreme realism", other software can have unpredictable results when trying to work together.

In cases like this, it MAY make more sense for the XACARS guys to find areas in their software to accommodate certain areas of a plug in.  That way, it's more of a universal solution for more people that depend on their software.

Direct answer, no I did not let them know and will not, if all planes work fine but SAAB, it makes sense too look for a problem in SAAB FIRST.

If you could let them know, that would be great. We do not deal with this program on a daily basis and they'll likely know where to look first. Anything else is shortsighted. 

I do not see a problem with my attitude, YOU do.

Did you, or did you not say the following? - "The very bad news is that I might not be able to fly SAAB..."

Perhaps I misunderstood. Did I not understand you right, or did you basically say that if the Saab does not work with XACARS you cannot fly it?

I reported the problem related to a very complex but not perfect plane ( see other posts)

No offense, but I think the tally thus far is about three bugs, all of which have been resolved and slated for an update. Most other topics are general questions of people not reading the manual and wanting quick answers. No one brought up perfection but you (probably impossible by any standard), but none-the-less....

I know you are tired after so much efforts put into the development but your responses are in my opinion a bit offensive.

They aren't meant to be offensive. It is how YOU decide to read it.

I was nice trying to describe the problem that affects ONLY SAAB just to hear your comments about my attitude.

See above question about what I believe you stated.

I am disappointed by your response and I have seen others that customers did not like as well, sarcastic to say lightly.

Why are you disappointed? Looking back at my post, I stated we would be investigating this for you. I also insinuated that contacting the original developer would be good. Now I'm a bad guy for this? Come on.

Cameron,

We could polemize here who took words as offensive etc. but is it really the purpose of this post and responses?

You guys are trying to make things work for all, me as a user provide the descriptions, that is all. 

I love the plane, I realize how complex it is, I want to fly it but I also want my flights to be counted toward something which I believe most of pilots do.

If you could let them know, that would be great. We do not deal with this program and they'll likely know where to look first. Anything else is shortsighted. 

I disagree, Chris said that he will look into that so why you say that you do not deal with it?

You spent 3 years on development and now you say you do not deal with with this program?

I am sorry, it is the program that thousands pilots use for different VAs but you know that, don't you?

I did not post here to argue or point bad things, I posted so we can together ( it takes my time also to start XP n numbers of times to bring out the results) make things work in a friendly atmosphere without attitude remarks and such.

English is my second language , maybe that is the problem but you should know that reading my post.

Anyway, let's see what Ben has to say and take it from there.

Don't YOU want ALSO to this whatever you want to call it to be resolved?   You should, you created the best plane so far and you should be happy that users are willing to spend their time investigating things and making SAAB almost perfect.

Cheers, AJ  ;)

I disagree, Chris said that he will look into that so why you say that you do not deal with it?

Who the heck is Chris?

You spent 3 years on development and now you say you do not deal with with this program?

Um, what? I said we WOULD look at it and investigate it for you. I also said we would appreciate you contacting the regular developers in addition.

I am sorry, it is the program that thousands pilots use for different VAs but you know that, don't you?

I don't see the relevancy of this point. You have an issue, we said we'd look at it, we asked you to contact the original developer too. The only one being reluctant at this point is you, not me.

"....It also doesn't mean a problem doesn't exist on ours...."

"...it's one we're actually willing to investigate for you..."

"...I stated we would be investigating this for you."

The above are from multiple posts in this thread. Direct quotes by me. At the end of those all, you came back with: 

"...and now you say you do not deal with with this program?"

OK, it seems like you are the guy who is always right, Cameron.  

Read what I just quoted above. It's not about being always right. You deliberately stated I said something that I didn't. You don't need to come back with the silly rolled eyes, or the PITA remarks, but you choose to. I'm hoping you misread or misinterpreted what I said instead.

I have meant Ben, saying Chris.. I do not know why.

Thanks. Understood.

You don't need to come back with the silly rolled eyes

If you could see my face, I would not.

You deliberately stated I said something that I didn't.

I said, "  it seems like you are the guy who is always right, Cameron.  " and that is what it seems to me, do I still have the right to think what I want or not because it is your forum?

There is a difference between "it seems" and " you said" and it seems to work in all languages.

Thank you very much for your corrections, guidance and thoughts, now I will see what can be done to investigate the problem.

So far all your talking did not bring any solutions just dissecting my words and yours to come up with the response that makes me look I was missing some brains.

Whatever you said , regardless of  being right or wrong was very unfriendly to me, I said to me, not that you are unfriendly.

It seems that you are having problems distinguishing between these two.