[In Progress] Quick Pause Then Dumped out of X-Plane

wcschulz3

Hi all,

I'm enjoying the Saab very much, but am having a problem with general stability.

Three times, on relatively short flights, I've tried to engage the autopilot (twice) or did nothing that I can tell (once), which led to the sim having a quick pause (no sound), then sound came back on, then X-Plane just exited (creating a crash *.rpt file).

I've had one 20 minute flight with no problems, and I've gone through both auto start and full checklist starts (on the ground for some time), with no crashes.

I do have World Traffic and will try to remove it as I do more testing on this.

Let me know what documents, other than the rpt file you might need.

Thanks

Bill

KGSP

Data.zip

Investigating, thanks for the report.

Thanks Ben.

I hand-flew a couple of flights today with no "send to desktop" issues.  I also flew a short hop with the autopilot functioning, and it seemed to work fine.  Now I have to try to learn how the autopilot functions properly :)

I did notice, however, that my Task Manager memory tracking showed about 1.7G in use when the Saab initially loaded, then about 2.8G after 30 minutes, and 4.1G after an hour--by which time the simulator was stuttering badly. Is this a "memory leak"?  

My other payware aircraft, including the MU-2, load in at about 1.7G and stay there no matter how long I fly.   Just thought I'd bring that to your attention.

I flew another flight after a system re-boot, and the Saab loaded in at 1.8G again, and 30 minutes later, was at 2.5 again--so memory loading appears cumulative.

Flying with an i7, Win7 and GT660

Bill

Now I have to try to learn how the autopilot functions properly

Anything in particular we can assist you with, or are you just looking to explore for the time being? :)

Thanks for the task manager trackings. For the moment nothing pops off in my head as "aha", but we definitely need to investigate this.

Anything in particular we can assist you with, or are you just looking to explore for the time being? :)

Thanks for the task manager trackings. For the moment nothing pops off in my head as "aha", but we definitely need to investigate this.

Hi Cameron....thanks for your note!    I need to make a bunch of key assignments for the autopilot and I think I'll be fine--spent too much time looking at the pedestal.  :)

I'll keep an eye on the memory usage.  I thought I recalled a couple of other folks commenting on this, but could not find their comments to post to.

Love the plane!  The sound system just rocks!

Bill

I need to make a bunch of key assignments for the autopilot and I think I'll be fine--spent too much time looking at the pedestal.

Okay, let us know if you need help! :)

I thought I recalled a couple of other folks commenting on this, but could not find their comments to post to.

Yes, you're right, it was here. I hadn't heard other reports on it, but being we now have two it's time to start looking harder into it! :)

Hi team,

A few more flights today.  Flew the tutorial flight...loaded at 1.8G memory at KBOS, and was a 3.6G turning to intercept the ILS at JFK...which was, by that time, mostly a slide show.  So, on my rig, something definitely is going on with memory loading.

I tested another aircraft and had it at a KBOS gate for an hour with 1.7G mem load...no change.

I loaded the Saab, and didn't touch a thing for an hour...just let her sit at the gate. Loaded at about 1.8G, was at 2.6G after an hour.

Just more data/context for you.

Thanks!

Bill

• 1 month later...

Autopilot.

Autopilot switch problem.

(in 3D cockpit)

Not able to engage the AP.

When flipping the switch it pops right back to off position!?!

Any suggestions?

P.S. Overall, great plane!

As per the manual... you must "hold" the switch in the "ON" position for about 2 seconds or it will not actuate.

Next time you have a problem, please start a new thread.  Your issue has nothing to do with the original topic.

Edited by JGregory
  • Upvote 1