Adding Flaps

flydav

Is there any way to have the flaps assigned to a joystick axe the same way the props are assigned?

I can't get used to having to move the flaps with the mouse, doesn't make that much sense to me not being able to use one of my joystick axes like I do with  all my other planes. Other than that I'm loving this plane, incredibly detailed, well thought and the sounds are just amazing, thanks for taking sounds so seriously, TSS they are the best.

Edited by flydav

You can assign the flaps to a key or button press to move up or down a notch.

Yes thanks but the flaps are also axes and I would like to keep using them as I've always done. That's why I bought 2 saitek throttle quadrants I like the feeling of moving the flap lever in the same way (almost) as the real thing rather than just pressing a button. It would be great to have this feature at some point, it is kind of a basic one isn't it?

Yes thanks but the flaps are also axes and I would like to keep using them as I've always done. That's why I bought 2 saitek throttle quadrants I like the feeling of moving the flap lever in the same way (almost) as the real thing rather than just pressing a button. It would be great to have this feature at some point, it is kind of a basic one isn't it?

Ok... here's the deal.  You can use the flap lever as it is right now (assigned to an axis) and it will move the flaps up and down.  The problem is that the handle animation is broken for use with axes and will  only move to the all up or all down position. Good news is the animation issue does not affect the actual position of the flaps.. .bad news is that the flap handle can not provide feedback as to the actual position of the flaps.  However, the flap indicator on the panel does work and can show you the actual flap position.  In addition, the next update will fix the flap handle animation!  One last note:  When using an axis for flaps, the handle is infinitely positionable... there are no detents.  So, if you are going to use an axis, you will need to position the handle carefully in order to properly simulate how the flaps work in the real world.

Jim

Lead Programmer

LES Saab 340A

Edited by JGregory

In addition, the next update will fix the flap handle animation!

So, if you are going to use an axis, you will need to position the handle carefully in order to properly simulate how the flaps work in the real world.

Well thanks those are great news...I know that I have to position my lever carefully but I do that with every plane I fly and I'm really used to, I just find it more realistic and even more practical believe it or not, and if I have a visual confirmation of what I'm doing with the lever that would totally solve the problem. I just can't see the use of buttons to simulate something that is not a button.

Maybe I'm crazy but I always plugin my saitek multi switch just to use the gear handle... with any plane the 777, a320 neo, crj200, you name it, and it is worth for me to have it plugged in and I'm very happy that I can use it with the Saab as well even only for that purpose, actually I wouldn't use it for anything else just because it is not realistic unless I fly a cessna and that's a totally different story.

Sorry I went a bit off topic.